Need Help Quick w/ Quadrant Install

Mr. Hawver

Feb 27, 2006
I'm installing a Fiore quadrant and FWA tonight and ran in to a problem with the quadrant installation. When I put the quadrant on the two rods there is a heck of a lot of side-to-side play when I put the cotter pins back in, even with the little 1/8" thick spacer that came with the quadrant.

Okay, maybe I'm missing something and am just an idiot, it wouldn't be the first time, but this doesn't seem right to me. Did you guys have to use a ton of spacers on the quadrant, leave it with the side-to-side play, or what?

Thanks a lot!

• Sponsors (?)

Mine is the same, im just running it, no problems yet but if its a problem steeda sells a fix for it, and no your probably doing fine, if you need instructions look at the bbk one at summit and download the instructions, they are ok

Just eyeball the thing so the cable goes straight into the firewall. Once you tension the cable a little bit, it doesnt move away from center on its own in my experience.

As an aside, I did some testing with this and set the quadrant off to the side. It eventually self-center after some use (kinda like a water skiier off to the side gets pulled right back behind the boat).

Good luck.

Just eyeball the thing so the cable goes straight into the firewall. Once you tension the cable a little bit, it doesnt move away from center on its own in my experience.

As an aside, I did some testing with this and set the quadrant off to the side. It eventually self-center after some use (kinda like a water skiier off to the side gets pulled right back behind the boat).

Good luck.

that was a damn good analogy! seems common with all quadrants and if it were a serious issue, something better would've been devised a long time ago. just my logic tho. :nice:

Well, it isn't technically a Fiore, but it is an exact copy as far as I can tell. It is made by a company called Reichard Racing and is distributed through Lethal Performance.

As long as you don't mind "Reichard Racing" in place of "Fiore Performance" on the quadrant it is a very quality replacement.

JT Atomic was out the last time I checked (bout a month ago), and like Mr. Hawver said Reichard Racing took over the design. From what Realspeed.com (got the last Fiore quadrant from them) told me they knew they were going to be made again by the CNC shop that produced them for Fiore. Which I guess is Reichard Racing. I believe all the Fiore's that are in stock now are the R Racing ones. Thanks Mr. Hawver :nice:

Thanks for the update Danny. I had also heard that Fiore's machinist was going to try and make more but I didnt know who did the machining in the first place. And I must have gotten some bad info about Atomic or I remembered the info wrong.