Need help timing my car. Please enter

DJHA90

Dec 17, 2002
Texas
ive got a timing light, instructions on how to time the car (including unconnecting the sprout), but what side/angle is the best for seeing the marks on the damper and the reference point? Anyone have a picture?

• Sponsors (?)

use some whiteout and put a mark at like 14* or whatever you want to set your timing at on your balancer... Pull the spout connector out which is located in the passenger side fender with all of your other wires. It will be grey and it will pull straight out. Pull that out first, start up the car, loosen the dist. and I find it the easiest to put the timing light where the radiator hose is and push it to the side a little. Turn the dist. until your white mark on the balancer is ligned up with the little metal piece above the balancer (you'll see what i'm talking about) Tighten the dist., shut the car off, and put the spout connector back in

1105 said:
...Pull that out first, start up the car, loosen the dist. and I find it the easiest to put the timing light where the radiator hose is and push it to the side a little. Turn the dist. until your white mark on the balancer is ligned up with the little metal piece above the balancer (you'll see what i'm talking about) Tighten the dist., shut the car off, and put the spout connector back in

Do you line up the white mark you made, with the top of the metal where it says timing or on one of the indetations below?