NEED HELP W/ COBRA FOGLIGHTS

OK, so I bought a set of "euro cobra foglights from ebay". Looked like awesome lights. I got them and they are cheap plastic.

So thats the problem right there, I put my HID kit in them and they began to overheat the lense so I turned them off.

I need a 94-98 factory cobra looking foglight that is glass with a metal housing.

Even my ****ty walmart fog lights are glass and they cost 20 not 120.

I am going to be running 3000k in the fogs. Please help me out!

Thanks!

Andy

• Sponsors (?)

OK, so I bought a set of "euro cobra foglights from ebay". Looked like awesome lights. I got them and they are cheap plastic.

So thats the problem right there, I put my HID kit in them and they began to overheat the lense so I turned them off.

I need a 94-98 factory cobra looking foglight that is glass with a metal housing.

Even my ****ty walmart fog lights are glass and they cost 20 not 120.

I am going to be running 3000k in the fogs. Please help me out!

Thanks!

Andy

unfortunately the ford factory ones are plastic, i bought real ford cobra fogs, (i know this cause they had ford stamped on the housing) for my v6. after a couple years of use the standard bub actually did start to melt the plastic lens.

so i did buy some cheap one at wally world with glass lens and metal housing, but the bulbs drew too much power 55w as opposed to the stock 37w. so i kept blowing the fuse. never got that worked out as i got rid of the car first, just letting you know what the deal was.

I just checked my Cobras fog lights and they are infact plastic and they are the stock ones. 50resto.com has glass clear ones for $140 or the stock replacements for $47 each. They also have glass lenses for $65 each and they are smoked.
Part #'s
LRS-15200CD-A Clear Glass Kit $139.95
LRS-15200SM-A Smoke glass lenses $64.95 each
LRS-15200E Stock replacements $46.95 each

I realize the lense and foglight assy will get somewhat hot, but the clear lense on the foglights i just got began to BUBBLE from the heat. And began to 'bow' the lense. That is not normal and could cause a fire if left alone. I had the two foglights just out in the open with power hooked up to my battery so i could disconnect them quickly.