need help with a new hood....

I DiDio I

Jan 19, 2004
hey what's goin on ?? im in the market for a new hood on my '95 Gt. i know exactly what im lookin for:

http://ageclassic.com/Merchant2/mer...=001&Product_Code=01-BFH-450&Category_Code=10

this site doesn't have it in stock. i was wondering if anyone had any info on a reliable site with resonable prices to purchase this from. I've read horror stories on the message boards so I appreciate any info you guys might have. im also thinkin about installing the hood lift kit (obviously for the 94-98):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42611&item=2455703440

any body have any info ?? thanks !!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think you'll like the lift kit with an aftermarket hood. Mine's hard enough to shut as it is from being so light, I think I'd have to press down on the hood and dirty up the paint every time I shut it to get it to shut all the way with those hood shocks. They did note the ones in their pic were installed on a stock hood.

Is your heart set on that one particular hood? Have you looked at any hoods from Cervinis? I bought one and the quality is excellent. Very nice finish and didn't require a lot of prep. As far as those hood struts go, they would be ok for a steel hood but I would not recommend then on a fiberglass one. :nice:

i can vouch for cervinis as well. i bought my hood from them and the only problem i had with them was the price tag. lol

i'm very interested in the hood shocks as well. the price tag is pretty heavy for something that basic and easy to make. they said on there official site that it worked on the stalker hood so thats good news to me. also the factory hoods on the gt's are fiberglass. so if theres no problems with the factory hood, you wont with an aftermarket one.

i might try to make my own this summer. if you go to there official site, you can download there instructions and try to replicate them. it even tells you where you have to drill too. pretty simple

When i was looking into purchasing a new hood i ordered the cobra ss one (i think thats what it was called) from Age Classic, . Well anyways it was really warped and would not go on. I sent it back and it took them a month to refund my money. I ended up buying a cervini stalker hood, and i love it.

I had a set of those hood shocks about 5 years ago and I can tell you that they didnt work. They hit the top part of the inner fender (or whatever its called) under the hood when you tried to close it. I checked, re-checked and did it all over again and the hood would not close with them on. They may work on the new style cars or they may have fixed the design since then but when I had them the damn things wouldnt work. Oh and it wasnt just me either, about 3 or my friends had the same problem.

i have that hood and love it. cervini is prob. the best quality, but i like the looks of the cobra ram hood. i'll post a pic later for ya and you can tell me what you think.

i got mine on e-bay for about $280, but shipping was $100 and i had to buy the scoops and paint it. very pricey ordeal, but extremely worth it.

i would buy that one from age classic.