Need help with Demolet tunable induction install

J DeMolet said:
I'm going to defend my systems if another companies customer, or that company themselves come onto a thread.
Well you did throw the first puch....
http://eleanor.pro3i.com/showpost.php?p=5900412&postcount=7
J DeMolet said:
In out shootout with the JLT system we posted +12 ft. lb. torque and + 5.75 hp gains.....So you made the right choice!
I feel it's only fair for Jay to defend the UTI shootout results you quoted.

U.M.

** Just for the record I currently run a K&N FIPK on my '03 Cobra so I have no stake in this at all. **

• Sponsors (?)

Actually the JLT customer threw it...."You should have bought a JLT"

A customers choice has nothing to do with an install question.

It's better not to knock something if you haven't tryed it.

Deftsound: I tryed to answer your PM tech question and it shows you've exceeded your storage space and it didn't go through.

Call the toll free tech line 866-509-7453 and I'd be happy to answer it.

Thanks again for the business!

I'll be doing the install tonite, i'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.

I wish i could get HP #'s for just the CAI, but i'm installing it with a new TB/plenum and also getting a Flash tuner with a MPH mail order tune and having it dynoed this weekend. But i'll still post the no's.

I have had the Tunable Induction/Demolet setup on my last 2 mustangs. The fit and quality is great. The customer service was great. I really felt a difference installing the kit on my 03 Saleen N/A. I just installed a kit on my 04 Saleen S/C about a month ago but haven't been able to test it out yet since the car is in storage for the winter. I'm sure when I get the car out I will be more than happy with it. Excellent product John and I can vouch for your great customer service.

J DeMolet said:
Actually the JLT customer threw it...."You should have bought a JLT"

A customers choice has nothing to do with an install question.

It's better not to knock something if you haven't tryed it.

WHAT! Dude, it would be nice if you were to actually quote my WHOLE sentence! , "You should ahve got a JLT RAI :D , then I could have helped you out lol" .
It was a friendly joke, simply stating that I could have helped him out if he had a JLT...I did NOT say in any way form or fashion that the JLT was better at that point.

You delibratly took my quote out of contex to get the heat off of you for throwing the first real punch by showing #s that your was better(when noone said anything about which system was better)....thats just wrong man, and I dont appreciate that. Especially calling me a "jlt customer", like im some sort of an outsider. Then lieing again and acting like I came on here first and just gave him my opinions about which system is better...I did nothing of the sort and you know that.

NOW I see how you are, I will not be reccomending your system to anyone after this. :nonono: Good day to you sir.

eatpopcorn.gif

hotmustang331 said:
WHAT! Dude, it would be nice if you were to actually quote my WHOLE sentence! , "You should ahve got a JLT RAI :D , then I could have helped you out lol" .
It was a friendly joke, simply stating that I could have helped him out if he had a JLT...I did NOT say in any way form or fashion that the JLT was better at that point.

You delibratly took my quote out of contex to get the heat off of you for throwing the first real punch by showing #s that your was better(when noone said anything about which system was better)....thats just wrong man, and I dont appreciate that. Especially calling me a "jlt customer", like im some sort of an outsider. Then lieing again and acting like I came on here first and just gave him my opinions about which system is better...I did nothing of the sort and you know that.

NOW I see how you are, I will not be reccomending your system to anyone after this. :nonono: Good day to you sir.

dang that was pretty messed up... :nonono:

hotmustang331 was obviously chimming in to help the original poster out....

anway, i actually have a bbk intake i recieved as a present a few months ago... would me swapping my current intake out for the jlt be worthwhile? i am assuming i can sell my current cai for like 75$? or so? how much hp would i gain over my current bbk? i am asking because.. i am pretty sure i didnt feel or gain anything from my bbk. (i did feel difference when i installed the plenum however..) if i do swap out my intakes.. i would go for the jlt... that other guy really lost alot of respect...:notnice:

Serper3 said:
dang that was pretty messed up... :nonono:

hotmustang331 was obviously chimming in to help the original poster out....

anway, i actually have a bbk intake i recieved as a present a few months ago... would me swapping my current intake out for the jlt be worthwhile? i am assuming i can sell my current cai for like 75$? or so? how much hp would i gain over my current bbk? i am asking because.. i am pretty sure i didnt feel or gain anything from my bbk. (i did feel difference when i installed the plenum however..) if i do swap out my intakes.. i would go for the jlt... that other guy really lost alot of respect...:notnice:
A few posts up is a dyno graph of a BBK vs a JLT. Now it's on a S/C Roush, but I can only assume there would be a differance, just down scaled a bit.

Jay

Now, I did not come on here to bad mouth or throw mud. I saw the same old BS about tests not relivant to the model car in question and made the needed corrections in the readers eyes. If someone posts wrong info about JLT it's my buisness to correct it.
Someone dug there own hole.... AGAIN.

If were talking 2 valve... use 2 valve results
If were talking Cobra... use Currant, fair and unbiased results
and If were talking 05,06 GT... use currant 3rd party test results like the 5.0 article.
That's it.Plain and simple.

Jay

mrvax said:
I'm glad I just removed the silencer and tossed a K&N in there.
:Word: again. Acually a friend of mine has a JLT on the way, so he's just giving me his K&N FIPK. as long as it doesnt lean me out too much, I'll take it. Never been a fan of CAI's, but for free, why not?

BTW csledd, what are you running at the track? I've got almost identical mods as you (minus pullies, installing Kooks LT's soon, then Dynospeed tune). Theres not a 1/4 track around here so I was just curious as what to expect. Im not much of a driver, but that will come with experience I suppose.

I have said it before (in another thread) and I will say it again. Testing CAI's on a dyno will not work. First of all, I don't of any dyno's that are accurate to +/- 1 HP, at least not dynos that are in shops. Second, CAI's are suppose to pull in cold air from inside the fenderwell. If the car isn't moving, than this won't happen to the extent that it will on the road. Third, don't give me that crap about improving your 1/4 mile times by .1 - .2 seconds from a CAI or any other mild mod. .1 - .2 seconds could easily come from a better driver or a good run or good track conditions. So, unless you can provide a dyno that is accurate to +/- 1 HP, a dyno that sits in a wind tunnel, to provide fresh moving air as when the car would be driven on the street, and make sure that all other parameters are the same (like A/F ratio) all this discusion about who has the best CAI is worthless. I do think that some CAI's are better than others b/c of the materials used (plastic vs metal) and yes the shape of the pipe is important but arguing over a couple Hp is crazy especially when the equipment used to measure the Hp isn't that accurate. The dyno in shops is a tuning tool not a tool to compare CAI's.

hotmustang331 said:
^Lets just say shes not to proud of her times. I dont think its her fault at all, probably weather and maybe a bad timing system. I want to say its like a 9.0 or a 9.1 in the 1/8.
:rlaugh: -$232. :nonono:
yeah, about that.........got a great deal on a McLeod stage 2 clutch and MM LCA's. saved $100 compared to what they normally go for. you think the -$232 is bad? I've decided I want to get LT's before the Novi, and I also decided to go with something other than BBK for the whole transmission accessability thing. That -$232 is going to be 4 digits before long :nonono:

oh well, once I get the LT's I'll have every basic bolt-on, save for pullies which I dont want to get because of getting a Novi down the road. Im only running a 9.0 1/8th too, its not that big of a deal to me. I've only ever launched 1 time at the track, and pulled a 2.1 60' / 9.0 1/8th on all-season Sumi's (i can live with that, those tires suck. I can break em loose in 4th starting from a slow roll in 1st :notnice: ). Since then Ive added the TB/Plenum, so hopefully with a little practice I can get an 8.9 or better this sunday (really hoping for an 8.8, but we'll see)

I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing contest about dyno testing CAI's, but it's the only way to test parts.

Make 2-3 runs stock to make sure runs overlap each other.
Allow for cool down.
Then swap parts and run it again. If there's a 2-3HP differance, yes, it could be the dyno.
If there's 10 RWHP or more, the gain was from the part changed.
My personal car will make the same # nearly every run on the dyno I use.

No one has wind tunnels, so we do what we can with what's avaliable.

If your consistant at the track and run 13.4-13.6 all day, then swap a part and go right to 13.0-13.3 You gained power. Simple as that.

If someone claims .1 or .2 at the track I call foul, but if all you did was swap one part, anypart, and gain .3 or better I sy it's a direct result of that part.

Is it the best and most scientific?? No, but if we all use this same testing, results will be as accurate as can be.

Again, we do what we can with what's avaliable.