Need help with Mass Air Conversion!!!!!!

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
i have an 88 Gt, and im adding edelbrock performer heads, b303 cam and a new 302 short block. My question is, whould the stock mass air system from an 89 and up model be suffecient enough for that setup for a little while? I will eventually upgrade it, but will stock be good enough for right now? Also will 19lb injectors be ok for a little bit??????

• Sponsors (?)

Kdubslugga said:
i have an 88 Gt, and im adding edelbrock performer heads, b303 cam and a new 302 short block. My question is, whould the stock mass air system from an 89 and up model be suffecient enough for that setup for a little while? I will eventually upgrade it, but will stock be good enough for right now? Also will 19lb injectors be ok for a little bit??????

you don't need the whole efi harness. pro-m sells the wiring that goes from the maf to the ecu. you need a A9L computer(aod, but will work if 5 speed). I would get 24lb inj. since the whole engine will be redone.

You can't run a manual computer (A9L) in an AOD car, but you can run an auto puter (A9P) in a 5 speed car. A custom chip can fix this though I believe.

I run the A9P auto puter which is from a 89 in my 5 spd and works perfectly even before I had a chip designed for it. The A9P does have a little more agressive timing & fuel curves to it over the A9L as the A9L pulls timing at higher rpms during shifts, where as the A9P does not.

Kdubslugga,
With your mods your going to do, the 19's will still work fine. you can step up to 24's if you like though. The 19's can take up to approx 320FWHP before needing to step up..

Scott