Need help, with power seat in 97 Grand Marquis not working

Discussion in 'Other Auto Tech' started by MustangLife, Jul 2, 2007.

1. My moms power seat in her 97 mercury grand marquis isnt workign right. Its like a 8 or 10 way power seat. I moved the seat back to move the car and now the seat won't move forward at all. All other functions on the seat work fine. Up, down, tilt, recline.

Any ideas?

2. Stating the obvious, but could be the switch. I'm not sure how that module is wired, but you might be able to switch poles and test it.
  3. Check the fuse
  4. My motor didn't die, but it became really weak. Try standing outside of the car and moving the seat from there, so there's no weight on the seat.
  5. the gears from the motors strip on the seat track you need to replace the track
  6. I highly doubt the various motors are separately fused so it is not a fuse.

I agree with the seat track being stripped and I also agree with giving it some help standing outside the car to get it back to a useable position until it can be fixed.
  7. Thanks yall. I tried helping the seat. Its just not gonna move. I can't hear the motor trying to move anymore when I try to move it forward. So you all are probaly right the seat track is stripped.
  8. do you still need help with this or did you get it working??