Need help with rear end decisions?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
I have 4.10s in now, but i think the rear end is on its last leg, its howling and its leaking bad and there a bad vibration. Gears where done like 3 years ago by a ****hole place. All bearings and stuff are stock. Now ive been thinkng of going to 3.73 gears since my 5 speed swap so this gives me a reason to do so. Now I thought about just getting some gears and a Auburn Posi unit, but with install prices and new bearings blah blah blah it could get pretty steep. I just saw in Summit that they have a fully assembled brand new rear end with Ford Racing Traction Lok and 3.73 gear, all new everything for 782. This seems pretty resonable. My question is will it be able to support about 400-450 to the wheels, thats my goal for the car. This seems to me the best way to go, what do u think?

• Sponsors (?)

when i had the supercharger on my car, i had 460hp with about 400 to the rear wheels... i dont think i have a fordracing traction lok 3:73 gear, but i do have a 3:73 gear.. and it didnt have any problems with that h/p... i think its the best way to go IMO...