need help with sunroof leaking.

D347643

Banned
Jan 28, 2003
portland, OR
ok its raining like crazy here in portland and a few days ago i was behind my passenger seat (i have no back seat) and i noticed that there was standing water where the seat should be! maybe like 3 cupfulls of water that was just standing. So today I checked the w/s on the hatch and it was fine and then i rippd out the headliner and checked the drain tube for the sunroof and blew into the tube to make sure it wasnt clogged. When i pulled the tube off there was no water running out either. I think the sunroof may be clogged or something, does anyone have any ideas. I dont know when the sunroof was put on but its by american sunroof company. Its not a huge pour but i ran water over it and its it drips, pretty steadily, and all that dripping at up in the morning when my car is flooded. haha

thanks for any help

Drew

• Sponsors (?)

I'd take it to a sunroof installer near you.. have them check it out and if it just started leaking i'm sure it won't cost much to fix a seal or something.

remove the 2 screws that are holding the sunroof to the handle. Clean the screws and add silicon around them and into the holes were it goes. This should get rid of the leak. Good luck! :nice:

Black331Stang said:
wooo hoooooooo life saverrrr that where mine drips, frm teh screws...i have so mnay types of silicone, or heard of them, is this liek a paste i assume?

its like a paste that becomes hard like rubber when it drys.