NEED HELP..

xxPredatorxx

Jun 12, 2004
Kansas
I have had lowering springs for my 95GT for months...i don't want to take it to the shop to have them installed...please help me on a SAFE...way to install these...i keep hearing stories about peeps being killed doing this...so let me know how to do this...so i don't hurt my car or me:)...thanks

Pred

• Sponsors (?)

xxPredatorxx said:
I have had lowering springs for my 95GT for months...i don't want to take it to the shop to have them installed...please help me on a SAFE...way to install these...i keep hearing stories about peeps being killed doing this...so let me know how to do this...so i don't hurt my car or me:)...thanks

Pred

I havent heard of anyone killing themselves, but anything can happen. For the fronts, its easy.
FRONT:
-Jack car up, put under jackstand
-Put jack under A-Arm and jack it until it barely lifts the A-Arm. This keeps the pressure off of the strut and sway bar.
-Unbolt the 3 bolts from strut tower for the struts. Unbolt the sway bar. Now unbolt the caliper and set it up somewhere in the wheelwell
-lower the jack slowly and pop the old spring out. Put the new one back in paying attention to how the old one came out.
-"Installation is reverse of removal" :rolleyes:

REAR
The rears are by far a joke. I can do them both with common hand tools in about 15 minutes total.
-Jack up car, put under jackstand
-Unbolt the quad shock bolt that goes to the car and unbolt the bottom shock bolt.
-lower jack slowly
-*kick the living **** out of the spring to pop it out. it doesnt take too much so dont go bruce lee on it
-Installation is reverse of removal