Need Help

Ok I'm a dumbass and backed into a boulder that some ahole had in his driveway, now my back bumper is all messed up a scratched and the exhaust pipe is bent. How much for a new bumper? Can I buy one already painted? Can I Remove and install the new one myself? Where is the best place to buy a new bumper? thanks.

edit: Ok I looked at the directions for removing the bumper and this is what it states: (Do I really have to remove a fuel drain hose? If so where the hell is it?)

Rear Bumper Cover

Removal and Installation
1. Remove the luggage compartment trim panel covers.
2. Remove the seven rear bumper cover nuts.
3. Remove the fuel drain hose.
4. Remove the four bumper cover screws (two each side).
5. Remove the pin-type retainers and the rear bumper cover.
6. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, and it just slips oe. It is basically the overfill tube. You know when you overfill the tank and it is coming up the neck and flows down to the ground. It is simple, You can get the bumper off in about 30 minutes.

When you put the new one on you will need some help as muscle just to hold it up.

Last summer we did a dual exhaust conversion on my wife's '04 and could not find a bumper already painted in OEM Sonic Blue. I think we tried the seller zincyellow03 mentioned on eBay then, hopefully he'll have some now because that would be an excellent price.

I'll take any sites, numbers, anything to find this bumper. Every site has every other color except SONIC BLUE!! WTF! So not cool. So if I buy one from Ford Parts.com is it primered or painted??? They sell for like $250 + shipping :mad: ! Now I have to try to fix my exhaust b/c it is vibrating up against the shock absorber, so not cool when all i hear is vibration. THanks for everyone's help so far.

SonicBlue02-3.8 said:
I'll take any sites, numbers, anything to find this bumper. Every site has every other color except SONIC BLUE!! WTF! So not cool. So if I buy one from Ford Parts.com is it primered or painted??? They sell for like $250 + shipping :mad: ! Now I have to try to fix my exhaust b/c it is vibrating up against the shock absorber, so not cool when all i hear is vibration. THanks for everyone's help so far.

Exactly what happened to us as I posted above. Every other color you could think of was available of course.