Need help

Iwvustang

Founding Member
Dec 12, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
It is actually for a friend, not myself, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you all anyways. My friends starts to leave his lakehouse and within ~1/4 mile the engine begins to overheat, so he stops it and finds that one of the radiator hoses has come undone and all of the coolant has leaked out. I go to help him with it, we re-attach the hose and fill it up with coolant. He starts it up and tests it by going down the road a bit, and yet again less than 1/4 mile down the road it starts to overheat and he shuts it off. I look under the hood again and notice that both of the radiator hoses were sucked flat due to what appeared to be a vacuum created in the coolent lines. I initially thought it was somehow clogged, but I would think if that were the case only one of the lines would be flattened, and the other would over-pressurized.

Anyone have any ideas? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

oops, I had the model in there origionally and must have removed it on accident. It is a camry. If he had a cobra I would have made his ass ask it himself.

BTW, how do you like the sound on your exhaust. I was looking at going with all magnaflow as well. Also, exactly where in/around D-town do you live?

Iwvustang said:
oops, I had the model in there origionally and must have removed it on accident. It is a camry. If he had a cobra I would have made his ass ask it himself.

BTW, how do you like the sound on your exhaust. I was looking at going with all magnaflow as well. Also, exactly where in/around D-town do you live?

Ah, a Camry. Well, I'm not sure about that. Maybe tell him to search for a Toyota Camry based message board for tech info or have him visit the library to check out a Haynes repair manual for his car? :shrug:

As far as my exhaust goes, I love the sound. Stainless steel, low pricing, significant power gains due to their "straight-through" style mufflers, and that makes it a great value in my book. The sound is rather tame at idle and while just cruising around town. But once you get on it more than part-throttle, it simply screams to life at WOT - somewhat stealthy. I'm close enough to you where you could listen to it in person - PM me if you want to hear it sometime.

I also posted three video clips of my exhaust in the following thread, read the instructions in my reply to get them to work:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=547118

:cheers: