need help!!

GT427

Aug 12, 2003
AL
ok, spent the last couple mornings swaping in an Ecam and ran into a problem ...

two bolts are broken in the block (between the timing cover and the block) ... does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove them so I can get this thing back together ...

• Sponsors (?)

Just a thought, is there any threads left showing that are still good?If yes I have used this method numerious times with almost 100% success. Cut off the portion the the bolt until there is nothing but threaded portion left, Hopefully you have at least 3/8 to 1/2" of good threads left showing. Now take a hex nut & bottom it out on the threads. Take & add another nut on top of the other nut, install a lockwasher if room allows but not real critical. Loosen from the first hex nut with a wrench. It will usually get even the most stubborn bolts out. You can even strike the end of the bolt with a hammer to shock it some & always soak it with PB BLaster or WD40 for better results too. If you can't then only other option I know is to drill it with a left hand drill bit"in drill with reverse of course, maybe til will grab & extract it then use bolt extractor to get it out. Sometimes nothing but drilling & chasing threads is all can be done.

Bill