Need Help

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by rjh29053, Feb 6, 2014.

1. rjh29053

rjh29053 New Member

new here guys. I have had a 96 gt. the old girl is pushing about 250000 miles on orriginal motor still running strong but have decided to do a motor swap. Here is my issue. I bought a motor from a guy from a totaled gt and I think he said it was out of a 2001 gt but cant be sure. its a windsor block with pi heads. is there any way by casting numbers, head numbers labels on the valve pans etc? Any help would be great as i spent hours today on the net looking but couldnt come up with anything for sure. Needing to know so i can start ordering parts to get it in. thanks

2. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard
    Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Correction, its NOT a windsor block if it has PI heads or is a 4.6 or is out of a 2001 car....

3. rjh29053

rjh29053 New Member

[quoti="madspeed, post: 8797812, member: 8969"]Correction, its NOT a windsor block if it has PI heads or is a 4.6 or is out of a 2001 car....[/quote]
    Well that's my issue. The block has a w and the stickers on the valve pans say Windsor and its was built in Canada. The heads are clearly marked pi also. From what I've read today there were some built there. talk about a headache! Is there any way to identify it on the motor itself?

4. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard
    Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Post a new thread in the sn95 forums on this site and you'll get good answers. Theres alot more traffic there