Need Help

rjh29053

Feb 5, 2014
new here guys. I have had a 96 gt. the old girl is pushing about 250000 miles on orriginal motor still running strong but have decided to do a motor swap. Here is my issue. I bought a motor from a guy from a totaled gt and I think he said it was out of a 2001 gt but cant be sure. its a windsor block with pi heads. is there any way by casting numbers, head numbers labels on the valve pans etc? Any help would be great as i spent hours today on the net looking but couldnt come up with anything for sure. Needing to know so i can start ordering parts to get it in. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

[quoti="madspeed, post: 8797812, member: 8969"]Correction, its NOT a windsor block if it has PI heads or is a 4.6 or is out of a 2001 car....[/quote]
Well that's my issue. The block has a w and the stickers on the valve pans say Windsor and its was built in Canada. The heads are clearly marked pi also. From what I've read today there were some built there. talk about a headache! Is there any way to identify it on the motor itself?