Need Ideas 4 for a Tribute to my Grandma

So my Grandma just passed and I'd like to get a little something that reminds me of her. I bought my stang new in high school and am serious when I say I will be buried in this car ...... so what better than a small part for my car to remind me of her and bring me a smile. She passed a few days ago and I've been thinking hard about it but I'm still drawing a blank. What I don't want is some tacky sticker or something. I have been looking through billet parts for the interior that I could have something very short engraved on, like rip grandma or something. But I just haven't seen anything that seems right. So I turn to you guys maybe for some helpful suggestions. It doesn't have to be a billet part, if you guys have a suggestion I'd love to hear it, I'm drawing a blank at this point in time. I'd like it to be something for the interior because then I'd see it often.

Thanks in advance :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

What did she like? What was she in to?
Example: My Gandma was Canadian, so for me, I would get something like a Maple Leaf. When someone mentions Canada, she's my first thought. When someone mentions her, what's your first thought?

My grandpa was in hospice. When he passed away the hospice people gave out little angels to the family members. It was all white, made of cloth, and about 2 inches tall. I hung it from my gear shift lever on my explorer for a really long time. Maybe not what you are looking for, but FWIW.

Sorry for your loss. These things can be tough.

it's not really the saying or something I'm looking for.... it's just where or on what to put it.

And I'm steadfast about putting it in or on my car. I will have this one forever. I have a bunch of cars now and this one is far from a daily driver. With 60k and seeing maybe 3k a year she has alot of life. Not to mention if there ever were a problem I would put whatever money I had to into it to keep it mint, cost in not an issue.

keep the ideas coming, I just did some more looking and nothing :(

But a question. So I have the two single DIN trays in my dash. I don't even have a radio or speakers so are they are just shelves right now. Does someone make some type of aluminum plate or something to fill one of those voids? that would be perfect. Maybe with a pony emblem on it or something?

I am sure if you gave the dimensions to a metal shop, they could cut one out of aluminum or steel and do a nice engraving/laser etching kind of like the some oft he special edition mustangs have. Then it could either be polished it if aluminum or chrome plated. :nice:

something like this maybe?

Photo0054.jpg

ummmm that looks really sweet. never seen something like that before, but ya.....I'm looking to cover maybe the single DIN thing where one of the storage trays are. Again, still just an idea and I'm open to any other suggestions.

How many car shows do you go to? You could do a custom stereo in the trunk but it wouldn't be seen the whole time which might defeat the purpose if you want it to be visible more often. But you could definately do whatever you wanted in the trunk.

Just keep her in your memory everyday. Sorry for your loss.

What he said. Maybe I'm an ass, but any time I see the RIP or "In Memory Of..." vinyl stickers covering up the whole back window I think it looks pretty trashy. But then again, you know what they say about opinions. Do you have anything that she gave you that means a lot? Maybe a photo in the glovebox. If you only drive it 3k miles a year, then wouldn't you maximize the tribute/memorial value by doing something to you DD? Otherwise, it's just like Grandma's collecting dust in the garage...and that's not cool.