Need ideas for a new look [Pics inside!]

sKyZ

Apr 28, 2005
Scranton PA
Since that honda backed into me it turns out I need a new hood because the fiberglass cracked.. So over the winter I'll be getting one and I want to go with something different.

I'm thinking about a lift-off hood.. Are these okay for a daily driver as long as I clip it down?

I'm looking at a cobra R hood with a cobra R front bumper.. I'm just worried about how low it is to the ground so I'm guessing I'll have to be careful with that.. Here's a pic of my mustang to give you the ideas on the color/type/etc..

5.jpg

2.jpg

So, since I don't want to keep it stock..what would you guys suggest?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)

Why would you get a lift off hood? It would be such a pain for a daily driver, any time you want to check something under there you would have to undo all the hold downs and then lift it off without messing up your fenders, its not an easy one man job, i would stick with a normal hood.

WhiteDevil said:
Why would you get a lift off hood? It would be such a pain for a daily driver, any time you want to check something under there you would have to undo all the hold downs and then lift it off without messing up your fenders, its not an easy one man job, i would stick with a normal hood.
:Word:

i definately second that. too much of a hassle, definately not for a dd.

YEAH, I HAD a lift off for a while, and it sucked....just to check your oil, you gotta take the whole friggin thing off, etc. Its just not easy to open your hood at all. plus you know your gonna scratch your paint putting it on/off! On a plus side, its nice to work on your engine tho....dont get one

I vote thumbs down on the lift off hood as well. And also I don't think the 2k R bumpers flow with the look of our cars unless you add some massive side skirts and a rear bumper that matches. At this point I'd say other than a different hood/bumper combo work on slapping some rims on that baby. Looks clean by the way!

Don't understand ya Scootro. The point of this thread was asking if he should go with the hood or not.

I agree with what you say, but no reason to add pointless comments to a thread that doesn't even raise your post count. :nice: