need info on a eaon supercharger

• Sponsors (?)

Even though the Eaton is a very reliable and quiet unit it will not fit because the Cobra uses 4 valve heads and the GT uses 2 valve heads. It is not possible to interchange intakes between the two unless you also change the heads.

Dwayne

What we really need now is a manifold for the GT's that will use the '03 Cobra blower. That's the key part that is missing. With the wide availability of that Eaton supercharger from Ford or junkyards or people who have swapped them out for other blowers, it seems like a great way to boost a GT for cheap.

Of course no such part currently exists, so this is just me dreaming of a perfect Mustang world.

Noble Steed said:
What we really need now is a manifold for the GT's that will use the '03 Cobra blower. That's the key part that is missing. With the wide availability of that Eaton supercharger from Ford or junkyards or people who have swapped them out for other blowers, it seems like a great way to boost a GT for cheap.

Of course no such part currently exists, so this is just me dreaming of a perfect Mustang world.

I don't think there is a cheap way of doing it. You could buy a used Saleen kit pretty cheap or you could customize a 5.4L intake. But again it's not cheap.

lightningintake1.jpg

What model is the 03 cobra use? I heard about someone who used a M-90 eaton from a T-bird on a 4.6 2v with a custom intake costed more in the long run that a centrifugal would have and was not as effecient but if I remember right it was putting down around 360-380 horse with some "minor"
headwork.

I might be wrong with the eaton model # since I'm not too familiar with them but I still think it was a m-90

cap42 said:
What model is the 03 cobra use? I heard about someone who used a M-90 eaton from a T-bird on a 4.6 2v with a custom intake costed more in the long run that a centrifugal would have and was not as effecient but if I remember right it was putting down around 360-380 horse with some "minor"
headwork.

I might be wrong with the eaton model # since I'm not too familiar with them but I still think it was a m-90

M112

Ya they can get up to 18-20psi boost pretty easily friend of mine is pushing 18psi if I remember correctly however the belt slips now at over 3,500rpm's so he never see's more than 15 pounds.

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure the M-90 eaton is also in the jaquar and just about every other s/c Ford car at one point or another.