Need Input about Apple Ford in MD

jocatch

Jul 22, 2009
My saga of ordering a new GT Prem from Ford continues...

To refresh, I ordered a car with the hood scoop/pedistal spoiler option with a very few other options 3 days ago from a local dealer here in NYS. The dealer told me that scoop option is going to delay the car x weeks. I was looking around and talking to another dealer and he was telling me that only 1% of all Mustangs have this option and it is very rare and if I was to order a car with it, it would delay the order MONTHS.

I found a car almost what I want (has a few more options than I wanted) 250 miles away, in Columbia, MD at Apple Ford. They have 2 Mustangs in stock with scoops. One is my dream car. Two problems, MD is a 4.5 hour Amtrak trip away and I don't know anything about Apple Ford. The price is super because I have Xplan at work. I would love to drive it back up I95 home to NY. What a blast that would be! The dealer refuses to ship it up to NYS. I have looked and it is the only black GT PRem with scoop that I have seen on the east coast.

So, anyone know anything about Apple Ford? The dealer is NOT pushing this car, I am like trying to drag it away from him. He keeps telling me that he could sell it just like that and why should he wait for me to come next week, how rare it is, etc. Inputs?

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Not that it matters now, but what I can contribute is that Apple Ford seemed to have the most 2010 Mustangs on the lot of any local dealership. I live around Annapolis, MD...about 30 minutes from Columbia...I was over at Apple a couple weeks ago just looking. They sure had a decent selection of 2010s there. Never really dealt with the for sales though.

GUESS WHAT? You won't believe this but after 4 hours of searching on line I found another dealer in PA that has TWO!!! black GT Prems with scoops! They are identical twins!

But they are in Pittsburg, about 8 hours from here. So I am going to see if my local dealer can make a deal and get one of them over here to NY. It never ends.....

Joe

P.S The dealer is Northland in a small town called Zelienople, PA. From the reviews I have seen, it is not a very good dealership but they have the cars, so what can I do?

My saga of ordering a new GT Prem from Ford continues...

To refresh, I ordered a car with the hood scoop/pedistal spoiler option with a very few other options 3 days ago from a local dealer here in NYS. The dealer told me that scoop option is going to delay the car x weeks. I was looking around and talking to another dealer and he was telling me that only 1% of all Mustangs have this option and it is very rare and if I was to order a car with it, it would delay the order MONTHS.

I found a car almost what I want (has a few more options than I wanted) 250 miles away, in Columbia, MD at Apple Ford. They have 2 Mustangs in stock with scoops. One is my dream car. Two problems, MD is a 4.5 hour Amtrak trip away and I don't know anything about Apple Ford. The price is super because I have Xplan at work. I would love to drive it back up I95 home to NY. What a blast that would be! The dealer refuses to ship it up to NYS. I have looked and it is the only black GT PRem with scoop that I have seen on the east coast.

So, anyone know anything about Apple Ford? The dealer is NOT pushing this car, I am like trying to drag it away from him. He keeps telling me that he could sell it just like that and why should he wait for me to come next week, how rare it is, etc. Inputs?

Joe

STAY AWAY... These guys are shysters. When i was looking at 2010's back in early May they tried to tell me my trade was only worth 14000 ( an 07 Gt with only 23000 miles on it at the time), then the payment went from a quoted $475 to almost $600 a month when the finance person came out to talk.

Their salesman know jack **** about the Mustangs, and couldn't even tellme little things like the capabilities of the Blue Tooth enabled Radios etc etc.

Try Century Ford in Mt Airy, MD ask for Steve Francisco. If you want that car from Apple, Steve will get it and he knows Mustangs in and out.

Don't worry as I posted before, the deal with Apple fell thru when they sold it before I got there.

I ended up going to NorthLane Ford north of Pitsburg abd picked up basicly the same car from them. Here are some photos of it:

mustang1

mustang2

mustang3

Yes, option 5 includes all that stuff which makes it look like a 1970 Fastback I think. I really want the Candy Red but wife said no so I looked on the whole east coast for a car that had that option and all of them were black. Thats OK with me as I plan to put white stripes on it.

Joe

is that accessory package 5? the scoop, pedestal spoiler, decklid, and louvers?

looks like my dream car, just want sterling grey instead of black, and HID :D