need little help?

deftoner311

Aug 5, 2004
just a small background, i leave to the army june 2nd, my mustang is in the shop after what seemed like 8 years of snow here in mass.

i thought the clutch cable broke, it did but i also needed a new clutch.
i have an 87 mustang with a 95 cobra motor with about 8000 miles on it, i bought a centerforce clutch and the guy cant get it in first gear or second gear without shutting the car off. he said i have to buy i new flywheel, and if its not that it might be the transmission.

What is the problem if you guys have any input on what it is and what you think i should do givin the time i have till i leave?

i have a personal loan on it so i dont want to just eat my money or whatever?

• Sponsors (?)

My first thoughts would be...cable adjustment, thats usually why it wont go into gear...clutch isn't engaging enuf...
I assume things were fine before the cable broke???

Needing a new flywheel??? that would be a new one on me....dont really get that one...unless it was turned down to a u/min dimension?? if so then that could be an issue....did they turn the flywheel??? usually a old one will need to be re-surfaced with a clutch swap if its not being replaced......

RIO5.0 said:
My first thoughts would be...cable adjustment, thats usually why it wont go into gear...clutch isn't engaging enuf...
I assume things were fine before the cable broke???

Needing a new flywheel??? that would be a new one on me....dont really get that one...unless it was turned down to a u/min dimension?? if so then that could be an issue....did they turn the flywheel??? usually a old one will need to be re-surfaced with a clutch swap if its not being replaced......

I agree....but even if they didnt resurface the flywheel...it cant cause it not to go into gear. Atleast i dont think....

They need to clarify the reason for the need of a flywheel.