Need Mach 460 Expert to assist with advice or knowledge *PICS*

purevenm

May 27, 2005
I've taken (in the process of) out the head unit and CD slave out of my 1995 Mustang Cobra. I purchased a Ford Mach 460 Stock CD head unit which was removed from a Ford Lightning.
I removed my CD slave unit and the the stock tape player head unit. I reinstalled the CD head unit out of the lightning. If I turned the volume up all the way I could then barely her the music. I tried leaving one of the plugs out in the back of the CD head unit do to it had a plug in it when I recieved it. Then I got nothing at all.
I finally got it to work but I had to have one of the plugs plugged back into the CD slave unit (left the power plug out) and I got the system to work.
Is there something I need to do to make this setup work with just the CD head unit to work on its own?

Stock system
View attachment 319408
CD head unit from Lightning Truch(MACH 460 View attachment 319409
CD head unit Ford part # if it helps
View attachment 319410
This was the only way to get it to fully work. Thats just a speaker plug attached to the CD SLAVE unit it has no power, but system worked!
View attachment 319411
View attachment 319412
View attachment 319413

SOME PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ME AN EASY SOLUTION.
pure vnm

• Sponsors (?)

I think I figured it out. I'm at work doing research on my dilema.
I removed the pictured below plug from the lightning Mach CD head unit even before I started taking out my original system. I will put this "CD slave delete plug" back in and try it. If it fixes the problem, I'll feel really embarrassed for these two post.
:stupid:

Attachments

• 657c_0.jpg
    657c_0.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 151
  • 5999_1_sbol.jpg
    5999_1_sbol.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 111