Need more traction on 03 Cobra

mikepol2

Jul 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
To get right to the point: I have an 03 Cobra and it seems like the rear wheels spin so easy that there's no point making any more power mods - not like I've made a lot already. I have a 2.93 pulley to install but don't want to till I can hook up better. Rolling in the slow lane doing 40 mph, dropped into 2nd to pass the guy in front of me, and as I swung out to pass, the rear end started fishtailing all over the place. And one more thing - I know, grow up - but I want to hear some good tire sqeal like my 97 Cobra did. This one just sounds like a belt sander when the rears break loose. OK guys, what do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks U.M.

I just put 18" rims with 285/35-18 Pirelli P-Zero Rosso Assimetrico's on the back, 220-AA-A. Could not go bigger because the rear rims are 9.5" wide but was hoping the better tire would make up for not being a 295 or 315. Haven't really had a chance to try them out yet because it's February, I noticed for some reason a lot more tire spin in cold weather.

I was thinking about next maybe stiffer shocks or a Motoblue hard launch cross bar, any opnions on these or is something else maybe a better next step?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobraharda.htm

Thanks.

you won't hear them squeal like the 97 because you are putting so much more power and torque down to where it simply overwhelms the tire and they spin so much faster.

sorry bud....more power=less squeal. not a bad thing!!!! :)