Brakes Need New Pads - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by cdurbin, Jul 20, 2013.

1. I just bought all new rotors and I'm planning to replace the pads while I'm at it. I'm looking for some that are quiet and hopefully don't put off a lot of brake dust. Any suggestions? It's my daily driver and I'm pretty easier on her. Thanks

2. I installed Napa's middle of the line pads a little over a year ago. No noise, very little dust, and reasonably priced to boot.

7991LXnSHO and cdurbin like this.
  3. Any thoughts on the yellow red or green pads?

stangboy likes this.
  4. You mean EBC pads?

5. None of them, if you're looking for street-driver, low noise, low dust. Just get parts-store ceramics and call it a day.

6. wagner ceramic for a street driver. I've found cheap ceramic pads are not the same quality and wear faster, leave more dust, and often squeak. I also recommend Hawk pads as they provide a noticeable improvement. Make sure you season the pads to ensure proper seating and a longer life.

7. YES, SBC are the ones I am wondering if he could find a better pad formula mix than just the regular street ones. Stay away from Raybestos unless they have improved quality control a lot over the years.
    Wagner usually has very good OEM replacement.

8. Thanks for all the info guys. I ended up going with the Duralast Gold Cmax Pads from AutoZone. So far so good. I had a rear caliper that was sticking. I had to pull it off earlier tonight and fix it. One of the slide pins was stuck. Easy fix thankfully. I bought some new rotors from R1 Concepts E-line series. I like the looks of them by I'm thinking of painting the hats black. Just seems like too much silver with the rim. IMG_0182.JPG IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0183.JPG

9. Who knows who really made the pads, but AutoZone sells a lot of pads so for normal driving, you should be fine. Nice wheels.

cdurbin likes this.
  10. ebc red stuff here. no noise, no dust and picked em up new on the 'bay for like $45