Need opinion ASAP about x pipe! please read.

Maza4ever14

Apr 27, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Ok stangnet. i feel weird asking this cuz usually im good at making decisions but this one has got me stumped. here is my situation

A friend of mine is selling his BBK o/r x pipe for 70 bucks maybe 60 with o2 extentions. He is the second owner.

i can also purchase a bassani off road x pipe from someone a couple towns over for 200 bucks. he is the first owner, going to come off an 03 cobra. no o2 extentions.

Would i need o2 exstensions? Ive heard it recommended but ive read online that it is a close fit but it works without it. I have a xcal 2 to kill the check engine light.

which one should i get? I need to pick 1 of them up by tonite because sunday is the big Ford VS GM drags in sacramento.

thanks in advance for the advice.

• Sponsors (?)

I am guessing this is for regaular x-pipes and not for LT headers. You shouldn't need extenders. That is only for the LT headers front O2 sensors. The rears will not require them.

I would go bassani from my experience with quality/fitment and sound, but $200 sounds like a lot for a used O/R X :shrug:

btw, bassani lists different model numbers for GT's and Cobras on their website, not sure what the difference is.