need opinion on spark plugs and plug wires

D347643

Banned
Jan 28, 2003
portland, OR
i was wondering if anyone is running those "tri fire" plugs or the ones with 4 prongs from bosche. They say that you can feel the difference or your money back. but they are like 6 bucks a piece, whatcha think? ALSO, I still have stock plugs wires and i was wondering whats a good set to get, are the msd ones any good?

thanks,

Drew

• Sponsors (?)

Screw those stupid expensive plugs. Get a new set of stock motorcraft plugs from Ford, and don't even think twice of those Bosh things. I've tried some on my truck and it was a total waste of time, since then I have stayed with stock plugs.

As for wires, all my friends are into Taylor plug wires. I like the Ford Racing plug wires. I bought some Accel 8.8mm wires for about 80$ CDN. I've never tried MSD wires but I'm sure they can't be bad.

But back to the spark plugs, just stick to the Ford ones and you'll be fine :)

D347643 said:
i was wondering if anyone is running those "tri fire" plugs or the ones with 4 prongs from bosche. They say that you can feel the difference or your money back. but they are like 6 bucks a piece, whatcha think?

Don't waste your time

Electricity takes the path of least resistance...so only one strap will be used at a time. The other 3 will just sheild the spark from the air fuel mixture. Also, they are made out of platnium which is not as good of a conductor of electricity as copper.

Best spart plugs beleive it or not are the stock motorcraft 42c's or Autolite 25's.

Be prepared for arguement with parts store guy as to why you chose a 0.99 cent plug over a $6 he's trying to push

Plugs... I went from Bosch Platinum 4's (waste of money) to regular Bosch platinums (so I could adjust my gap, also waste of money, wtf was I thinking?) to NGK u-groove (not a bad plug) to what I bought today, Autolite 25's. We'll see how it goes, I'm expecting good. I'm gapping them as I type.

I have MSD 8.5's, no complaints, good wires. I like the Taylors too though.