need opinion

Bone Racing

Sep 7, 2003
Long Island, NY
cousin has 66 vert stang

engine rebuild or buy some crate?
she ISNT into racing, just loves the car

i TRUST a local shop with my life, good friend and quality work on race cars and performance minded street cars

but she wants something she can drive and doesnt care if its fast

thanks for your help ahead of time

PS...if you are gunna say "get a crate"...how about a link to a website that i can see what you are suggesting

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say it depends on your definition of rebuild. Just rings, seals and pistons? If this were the case I'd say rebuild unless something is seriously wrong with the other components. If you're planning on doing more than that it might be smarter just to get a brand new engine...labor gets very expensive. I had a cam, lifters, valve springs, intake and headers put on and it wound up being a whole lot more than I planned. Another grand or so and I could have had a complete new engine. Good luck.

Most crate motors lean more toward performance. If the motor in the car is rebuildable and you know a reputable builder a simple rebuild should be cake. Shouldn't cost alot either

Another option is a rebuilt engine from a company like AutoZone or Advanced. They carry a good warranty and are priced right. Nothing hipo or exotic just a decent foundation for a good price. Main advantage is you'll find a store to service that warranty just about anywhere you may move to.