Need pics of drag radials on sn95's

snakebite

Founding Member
Dec 18, 1999
Hampton Ga
Going to get a set of drag radials this week and wanted to see a few pics of drag radials on our style car. I really want the mickey thompson street drag radials but I think the nittos look better. I know the Mickey's will hook better but just want to see them both before I buy thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Heres both.

I run the Nittos on the street and the MT as the track.

rear-1.jpg

Picture380.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

You must have good track prep the best I ever got with them was 1.9 with my last mustang and a lot of 2.1 and 2.2's with this one. Thats the thing about the track I go to, great evaluation for racing, crappy track prep.

You must have good track prep the best I ever got with them was 1.9 with my last mustang and a lot of 2.1 and 2.2's with this one. Thats the thing about the track I go to, great evaluation for racing, crappy track prep.

It's an automatic car with a LOT of launching practice and a good burnout on the Nittos. Rear suspension is just control arms.

I'm out for some MUCH better times with...

has anyone tried the 17" MT ET streets?

Do you mean the bias-ply ET Streets? Yes, I've got a set of those in my shop to run after I upgrade to 31 spline this week.

A buddy of mine has used them and I can tell you that they will work much better than the drag radials. :)

Wes

Here's a couple videos of Sam's car at the track on the bias-ply ET Streets. I think he was dropping the clutch from 4k-5k.

Run 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHL0r1eDWxI
Run 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spe_ufEVVDQ

Wes

Do you know what the tire PSI was at? My first runs on the MT Streets were 1.808 60ft's but now Im at 1.95's most of the time. I cant seem to get the 1.8's again. Ive been everywhere from 14 PSI to 18 PSI. Im launching around 4,000 RPM's and some slipping of the clutch off the line

I'm pretty sure we put them 18-20psi. Left them a tad on the inflated side to keep his T5 and rearend in one piece. The bias ply's were dead hooking for him - he's got a bit above 300rwhp on a Trickflow kit and stellar tune. This was his first time out on this particular car and the tire.

Wes

Before I went with the MT I got a set of 31 Spline axles to avoid that same issue. Its also has a Tremec 3550. Not the strongest transmission but it will due for what I plan on throwing at it for power. Im going to keep the PSI between 16-18, I just need to find the sweet spot for the RPM's. I tried 5,000 RPM's and not slipping the clutch as much but it spun bad putting down a 2.1 60ft, thats happened twice when Ive tried to launch closer to 5,000 RPMS

One thing to watch out for is dragging up water on your front tires.

If you can't back into the water box I like to do my burnout slightly off the groove and about a foot past the box (not in the water so as to get the wheel well wet). As the car rolls forward I will line it up in the groove.

Wes

I see people burn out in the box all the time and I dont know why they do it. I back into the box when the tell me to stop I then move forward a few feet and then do the burn out.