Need Predator Help

pilks

Jul 15, 2004
hey all im thinkin about buyin a predator for a2004 mustang gt

i just have a question before i buy it Is it true that once the predator tune is set up i will need to use super for gas instead of regular or can i get away without using it

also can u remove a predator tune come time to sell the stang for a new one?

or will that just F up going back to regular gas etc?

• Sponsors (?)

These questions have been answered on here before, and they are on DiabloSport's FAQ.

You can back off the timing to be able to run 87 octane but you will not get the full benefit of the Predator.

When you first install the tune, it makes a backup of your factory tune. Whenever you take the car into Ford for service, or when you are selling the car, you can restore the factory tune.

pilks said:
hey all im thinkin about buyin a predator for a2004 mustang gt

i just have a question before i buy it Is it true that once the predator tune is set up i will need to use super for gas instead of regular or can i get away without using it

also can u remove a predator tune come time to sell the stang for a new one?

or will that just F up going back to regular gas etc?

You should use 93 or better so you don't have to worry about any detonation. You can try 91 and if you don't hear any pinging then you can get away with it, but I would just use 93 to be safe. Plus, if you modify the predator tune, say by increasing spark advance, then you definately want 93 in there.

You can switch back to your stock tune anytime you want and run 87 just like you were before. Your current settings are always saved in the predator before you install their tune, so you can always go back.

Go to diablosport.com for more info...