need quality headlight recommendations

Mar 31, 2005
I'm hoping I can get some opinions from you guys of where to buy a quality set of stock headlights. My stock lights are yellowing and I want to install some fresh ones, but from experience i know that many plastic parts on the market aren't that great, and parts from Ford dealerships are very expensive most of the time. I bought some clear corners and all of the rubber around them is cracking not even 4 years later; I'm hoping not to run into that this time around. Thanks, -Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

I think you are going to struggle to find someone that has had aftermarket headlights for 4+ years....

the aftermarket is so cheap when it comes to headlights, in my opinion 3-5 years is a good lifetime for them. Search around and investigate the forums, i say just get a cheap aftermarket pair that look good and hope for the best.

that damn rubber is the first thing that goes every time. i wish they made a good quality rubber and glue to adhere it.

i'd have to agree with Nate though, get some cheaper ones and just replace them when they get crappy.

If they are just turning yellow, take some 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sand them. Then use Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish, or the Mequiar's Plastic X and polish them off. I actually think the Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish works better than the Plastic X, and it's cheaper too. It will take you less than 30 minutes to do, it's cheaper than aftermarket headlights, and it will last a lot longer.

Kurt

i should clarify... they are yellow, not cloudy. i would have no problem sanding a cloudy light but its just nasty yellow. and that sucks about the aftermarket... you'd think that someone would take enough pride in what they do to make a quality part!