Need size of plugs to delete EGR coolant lines

Boostedpimp

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 8, 2003
NJ
I want to stop the egr from having coolant pass through it so I want to plug the connection from the metal heater crossover pipe that runs to the heater core and plug the port on the lower intake in the back but Im not sure what size plugs I need.. Anybody have the sizes needed so I can minimize my trips to napa?

Reason for this is simple, coolant always seems to seize the egr spacer on due to corrosion and after doing the delete years ago on a few of my previous foxes and then getting my current one and having to deal with a seized egr spacer again I don't want to ever have to deal with it again especially since I just redid the top end of this car with brand new so if anybody has the plug sizes needed I'd much appreciate it :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

you can bypass the egr spacer with the rubber lines that go up to it, just splice them together

everything you need to do a full elimination should be here.

RJM Injection Tech EGR Eliminators

are you deleting the heater tubes on the lower intake??? if so you need a adapter for your ECT sensor, here is the one i should have got...

Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

you can kinda see the one i got here, you need to modify it to get it on an efi intake.
View attachment 287232

Thanks for the info and pic Sam but I plan on keeping my heat and don't want to delete the egr itself. I just don't want to run coolant through my throttlebody spacer and was wondering what size pipe plugs to purchase to plug the port on the metal heater tube that goes to the front of the egr spacer and what size pipe plug can be used to plug the port on the rear of the lower intake that connects to the back side of the egr spacer.

sorry bro havent looked at a stocker in so long, im not sure, you mean the tubes that come out of the spacer?

haha I understand and yeah the two coolant lines that run off the spacer... I suppose I can just join them or pickup a new section of hose long enough to run from the heater cross pipe port over to the port on the lower intake

Are the heater tubes on the lower intake significant? What is their purpose? It looks like they're just a loop.

I'm trying to strip a 5.0 down to basics (to tranplant into an FFR eventually) and want to get rid of anything that isn't necessary but don't want to disable anything crucial on the Mustang for now.

I beleive it's either 1/4" NPT or 1/2" NPT on the rear hose where it goes into the lower intake.

Up front, i just had the nipple brazed over solid. You can also just cut the hose short, stick a bolt in and clamp it...but that's hack kinda

Are the heater tubes on the lower intake significant? What is their purpose? It looks like they're just a loop.

I'm trying to strip a 5.0 down to basics (to tranplant into an FFR eventually) and want to get rid of anything that isn't necessary but don't want to disable anything crucial on the Mustang for now.

they are useless unless you want heat. i deleted mine, dont drive it when its cold anyways.

The heater tube connects to your heater core so if your ditching your heat then no you don't need that metal pos but it also houses the ECT sensor which you will need if your staying EFI. You could use the breeze automotive kit that allows you to remove that heater tube but still keep the ECT sensor

Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing