Need some advice on compression

Jun 10, 2005
I have a buddy who wants to sell his 98 fully built mustang. It has all the boltons imagineable, it also has a built motor. In this built motor he has thrown a rod and it is currently in the shop getting repaired. Im guessing that will be all fixed. Anyway, he originally built the motor with the "NA" mindframe. I on the other hand wan to boost the hell out of it. I forgot what he told me his compresion was but it was way too high to add a blower to it. In saying that, is there something i could do to lower the compression?? He said replace the head gaskets, im not sure how much truth is into that.

Edit: Compression is 11.8:1

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Even if you used Cometic head gaskets you would still be in the 11's compression wise. Unless your gonna run race fuel that won't work with a blower. It would however be great for Nitrous.

That is definately too high for a blower..

However, to lower the compression you could go with some dished pistons.. some 18cc dished pistons should take care of that compression problem :).. That'd get you down into the 8.3-8.5:1 compression area.. If i'm not mistaken