Need some advice/suggestions

95Mustang302

Mar 30, 2005
I have a friend with a paxton sn92 blower setup that he is willing to let me have for like 500 dollars. The problem is that the setup is for a fox and will not work without some work on my 95. I know I'd have to change the front acc setup, and even then the crank/blower pulley will not even get close to fitting.

That being said I have located a merchant on ebay that sells old paxton parts and has a set of brackets for a 94/95 mustang. The problem is he wants 450 dollars for the bracket assembly.

My car has a trickflow top end with long tubes and all the misc bolt ons that go with it. My question is, will I even make any boost with an sn92 blower on the car?? And if so what kind of power would I be looking at making. Is it worth my time and money to buy this or to keep waiting on something better.

The sooner I get responses the better for all parties involved. I'm just looking for a little advice from people who have been down these roads before...

• Sponsors (?)

By setup does that mean injectors, and everything?

You will need a bigger fuel pump and prob. at least a ign. box...one the takes out timing per boost level.

You would at least need an FMU (tune would be by far better)

IF you can really get into a paxton for 1k...that is the deal of a lifetime if its a complete kit.

You could either buy the correct brackets (best route) or look into moving all of your brackets over to a fox style. Either way has its pro/con. I would just get the correct brackets and be done. for the headache 450$ does not sound bad at all. You do realize you will have fox brackets to sell as well right?

ok, I will have to buy injectors, but other than that the blower will bolt right on. I can't use the fox stuff because the blower pulley for the crank will not fit at all. I'd have to move the radiator forward almost 2 inches or so. the car will be tune by bob kurgan when its all said and done.

just so everyone knows this is a ball driven blower, not a gear drive. Its old school so idk if it will get me to the 400 whp mark I want...

people have converted to fox style front accec. on here. It is tight but do-able.

Really 400hp should not be that hard with 10-12lbs of boost. You should be around 300 at the wheels now with a tune so your only looking at what 100 or so hp with boost and a tune.

If its 400 you want why not toss a 100-150 shot on it for when you need the 400hp. you could do that for 500$.