Need some fuel help

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by Maxboost50, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Maxboost50

Maxboost50 Founding Member

I have been chasing my pinging problem, and have been hot on the trail. (I think). I bought a BBK fuel pressure regulator, and adjusted it. That did not work. I noticed that my pressure, when set to 40psi unplugged, would drop to about 39psi at wide open throttle, with vac line installed. Also, it was taking longer to start the car. So I just installed a 255lph fuel pump, and tried to adjust the pressure. When I adjust it to 40psi unplugged, when I plug in the vac line, the idle pressure only drops to about 37psi. When I throttle it up it drops even lower. Any ideas? Can you have too much pump?

Another thing it does, is when I shut it off, the pressure drops to 0psi immediately. It did that with the old pump as well as the new.

Karl

2. Maxboost50

3. RIO5.0

RIO5.0 Mustang Master

That ain't cool...Somethings wack....That new pump shoulda get the pressure up??? Odds are it a Walbro???

When i added my H/C and Walbro 190...at first start up it was doing as you say...Just re-do it....mine snapped right out of it...Same as yours, when i revved it, the FP would drop....W.T.F.???
    Just crank the nut a few turns, then re-set it....Least my Kirban was this way...Never a problem since...

4. Maxboost50

Thanks, I'll have to try that. When I first started it, the pressure reg was set for the old pump. It showed about 46psi unplugged. I adjusted it down, and I couldn't adjust it lower than 40psi. Maybe the regulator is just stuck.

Oh, and of course it is a Walbro.

Karl