Need some Help fellas

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
Toms River NJ
I know its possible - but i need to know any and all information about my car.. being that it has an all blue interior with power, it must have a low production number or something to that affect.

I need this in order to register the car as a "collector vehicle". I'll also need some other help, but first i need to find out if my car was like a limited number of production or something to that affect.

Thanks guys! :)

• Sponsors (?)

no matter what dude its still 4 cylinder aint worth anything to a collector etc. Not trying to be a dick but im just saying would you pay $4 or 5 grand for a 4cylinder v8 converted stock block hatchback just because it has blue power interior.:D

no matter what dude its still 4 cylinder aint worth anything to a collector etc. Not trying to be a dick but im just saying would you pay $4 or 5 grand for a 4cylinder v8 converted stock block hatchback just because it has blue power interior.:D

Has absolutely nothing to do with getting money for it, and has everything to do with having a reason to have a car club, or credible website (ie stangnet) say my car is unique in someway.. I need a collector car REGISTRATION so i can bypass emissions testings in New Jersey. One of the requirements is a letter from the manufacturer or car club stating why my car could be consider a collector esk status.

I'm thinking that its a low production number because of the interior color, and its factory options. This would qualify for it being unique.

Has nothing to do with being worth anything to some collector....

Has absolutely nothing to do with getting money for it, and has everything to do with having a reason to have a car club, or credible website (ie stangnet) say my car is unique in someway.. I need a collector car REGISTRATION so i can bypass emissions testings in New Jersey. One of the requirements is a letter from the manufacturer or car club stating why my car could be consider a collector esk status.

I'm thinking that its a low production number because of the interior color, and its factory options. This would qualify for it being unique.

Has nothing to do with being worth anything to some collector....

I was under the impression that you were running a BBK x-pipe with cats and your car was running stock smog equipment :shrug:... will your car still not pass emissions in NJ with what you're running now, or do you just want to change your exhaust setup to a catless one? I thought NY was bad about emissions testing until i talked to a kid from NJ hahah :nice:

I was under the impression that you were running a BBK x-pipe with cats and your car was running stock smog equipment :shrug:... will your car still not pass emissions in NJ with what you're running now, or do you just want to change your exhaust setup to a catless one? I thought NY was bad about emissions testing until i talked to a kid from NJ hahah :nice:

Thats correct i am running Smog.. I have a catted x pipe. However my EGR is not hooked up. When i ran it through, i passed 2 out of 3 smog tests.. My NOx was high and through interwebz research the primary cause of that is the EGR not functioning properly..

:(

Thats correct i am running Smog.. I have a catted x pipe. However my EGR is not hooked up. When i ran it through, i passed 2 out of 3 smog tests.. My NOx was high and through interwebz research the primary cause of that is the EGR not functioning properly..

:(

Ok so than this is mostly about passing emissions than,most of the cars that people build on this site aren't emissions friendly,thus if you wanted to pass just replace your egr end of story. Ditch all that crap anyway its a total waste.

If you succeed in this, let me know how. I've been trying to figure out how to get this done myself.

haha will do! If i find a reason for which my car is "special" i can have an admin from stangnet (Timeless, mraburn etc) write something small for me on Stangnet letterhead and i should be good.

Ok so than this is mostly about passing emissions than,most of the cars that people build on this site aren't emissions friendly,thus if you wanted to pass just replace your egr end of story. Ditch all that crap anyway its a total waste.

Its not that simple. When i built my car, i put in a smog pump, and a bbk catted x pipe. Thats it. The EGR valve and the small sensors on the passenger side shock tower are there and connected to the computer BUT i didnt hook up any vac lines or anything. I would need to install a vac reserve in the fender, run all the vac lines, locate the other sensors that come off the smog pump, re-connect tubes from behind the heads, since i have chucked the tubes behind the heads.

Reinstalling all the EGR setup is an absolute last resort due to time and money, and locating all the necessary parts.

Can't you register it as a hobby car or something like that? Just have to change your insurance and limit the miles on it, right? Its not a DD is it?

I don't know a lot about this, I'm from Indiana and we drive what the hell we please on the roads, haha.

Can't you register it as a hobby car or something like that? Just have to change your insurance and limit the miles on it, right? Its not a DD is it?

I don't know a lot about this, I'm from Indiana and we drive what the hell we please on the roads, haha.

This is what i'm trying to do.. its called a Collector Vehicle in NJ. I need that letter, and basically i need to find a reason for the letter to be written :)

find a shop that will pass it for you....

I may have one, but i wanted to attempt the collector avenue first

or put some alcohol in the tank

what kind? :shrug:

im pretty sure just straight rubbing alcohol. my buddy does it with his jeep and told me to do it with my o/r pipe but i just swapped cats back on. if u want i can hit him up real quick and find out...