need some help with some problems im havin with my V6 stang

bkstang00

Apr 23, 2006
brooklyn
Whats up everyone, I have a few questions with my V6 stang that i having problems with. 1) when im driving and stop at stop sign my rpm's stays up on 2 instead of 1 for about 35 seconds then it gos back to 1.
2)when i have people seating in back of my stang and when i hit a small bump it makes a squeezing sound on the rear.My friend had told me the it might need a rear bushing. I wanna make sure thats the problem.
3)I'll have a dual exhaust hook up and i would like to know if i instill a shorty headers on my stang if it would increase the sound of my mufflers. thanx.

• Sponsors (?)

1) Lots of our V6s do that. No one seems to know why, but the general consensus is that it doesn't do any harm.

2) Might be a lower control arm bushing, or might be a squeaky shock. If everything is working properly, there probably isn't much you can do about it. The bushings are sealed, so replacing them is the only way to get rid of a squeak. You can upgrade to graphite/polyurethane bushings, which will give you a little tighter handling, at the cost of more road noise and harshness.

3) Shorty headers don't do much for an otherwise stock V6, either in terms of performance or noise. Your best way to get the sound you want is by changing the mufflers.