Need some ideas for wheels on a silver GT??

• Sponsors (?)

I have a ton of different silver Mustang pics with different wheels on my comp, haha. Anytime I see a set of wheels I like on silver, the pic gets saved. I have silver Saleens myself, I like the way they match the car. But lately I have been liking 18" AFS Chrome 03' Cobras, 18" Black DD FR-500's, or switch to some Chrome Saleens, it drives me crazy, haha - so I know how you feel.

Heres some good pics of the black FR-500's on a silver GT, looks awesome. Let me know if there is any other wheel combo you are thinking of and I'll see if I have some pics.

37jf1.jpg

meetagain9yb.jpg

And heres 2 pics of my junk with my silver Saleens:

30un2.jpg

222dz.jpg

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 37jf1.jpg
    37jf1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 75
  • meetagain9yb.jpg
    meetagain9yb.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 69
  • 30un2.jpg
    30un2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 62
  • 222dz.jpg
    222dz.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 70
Yeah i agree...that looks hot!

However, after thinking about it some more, i will need to lower the car as well to make it look decent, so add in the cost of springs and shocks and CC plates and an alignment. :(

Today i was just thinking put tires on the stock wheels and use the money to buy a Max motorsport k-member, tubular a-arms and coil over conversion for my 5.0.

Grr...i hate having 2 Mustangs. Makes modding decisions tough.

BaXTeR3221 said:
^^^ should have pics of mine on my car by the end of the week so you can see how it looks first hand.

Cool, PM me a link or something to the pics. I want to see before i click and order.

The more and more i look at the black FR's the more i like.

WHat are some good tire sizes??

I was thinking 275/35/18 up front on the 18x9's but was unsure about the rear.

Close sizes are:
315/30/18
285/35/18

Everything else is taller or shorter by half an inch or more. Will a 315 fit on a 18x10 or should i just stick with a cheaper 285

EDIT: decided on 265/35/18 up front and 285/35/18 out back. Mustang tuning is out of the rear 18x10's for now though. :(

I agree..however mustangtuning doesn't offer that size :(

On their site it's free shipping and free mount and balance. That would save me a lot more money vs buying the tires from tirerack, shipping them and then paying to mount and balance. It's about $120 difference not including the price difference from the 285 to 315.

Does anyone have pics of a 285 on a 18x10? Is it too narrow?

Mustang5L5 said:
Does anyone have pics of a 285 on a 18x10? Is it too narrow?

I have 285's on my 18x10 Saleens as well as 265's up front on my 18x9's. They both fill in the fenders perfectly, you can see in the second pic how well the rear sits. But I would still like to go bigger when I get my next set of tires - some KDW 2's in 295 out back or a 315 (but the 315's aren't cheap, haha).

tires11kt.jpg

tires28th.jpg

I also posted those other 2 pics of my car in your thread, 1st page.

Attachments

• tires11kt.jpg
    tires11kt.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 55
  • tires28th.jpg
    tires28th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 54
I debated this before I bought my first set of rims. I don't think chrome looks best on silver stangs and decided on the TTll rims, though I do like the FR500s after seeing those pics. After owning 11" wide rear rims I don't think I could go to anything smaller and the TTll is the only ones I have been able to find.

flames1.jpg