Need some opinions (of the technical type) on my setup and options

criticman

Sep 7, 2003
Rome, GA
Alright, some may recall I installed a Paxton Novi 1000 supercharger setup. A lot of various problems followed, not directly caused by the s/c but from the install process, etc.

At this point, due to financial concerns and generally not being happy with the setup, I am thinking of selling the supercharger kit and a lot of the supporting components.

The issue is this: I still want to go fast...faster than the car will be if I go back to how it was before the s/c (specs). I will get the Pro-M MAF recalibrated for the proper injectors and will go ahead and install the adj fuel pressure regulator to assist in tuning.

With a strong electrical and fuel system for support, what is a realistic rwhp estimate with the s/c removed? Prior to the ignition upgrades and the TB & Cobra intake), I was at 216rwhp, 284 trq. With proper tuning and the upgrades since then, any decent # expected?

Of course, if I sell a lot of this stuff, I have considered taking half of the $$ and buying some other N/A upgrades. So, let's say I had $1000 to spend, what would be my best bang for the buck for increasing my power, yet having it in a very reliable, easy to maintain form? Have the heads ported (Thumper maybe?)? Find some cheaper GT-40 aluminums? Maybe a cam?

A lot of questions, a lot of what ifs, but I am hoping that either some engine builders or people who have had similar experiences to mine will be able to get me some input.

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang's Specs without the blower

As mentioned, specs are here: http://criticman.com/specs.php

But, to save a click, here they are...this is what the car would be like without the supercharger:

BLOCK
Stock
DISPLACEMENT
302 ci
CAMSHAFT
Stock
HEADS
Stock E7
INTAKE
FRPP Cobra Upper/Lower
THROTTLE BODY
Accufab 70mm
MASS AIR
Pro-M 80mm Short-Style MAF
FUEL SYSTEM
Walbro High Pressure 255lph fuel pump, Kirban Adjustable Regulator, RNH Performance custom fuel pressure gauge, FRPP 42# injectors (would need to drop down to a more reasonably sized injector without the blower)
EXHAUST
Hedman shorty headers, custom 2.5" O/R H-Pipe, Magnaflow Cat-Back
COOLING
Summit Racing high flow water pump (possibly toast, leaking, so may be replacing if is not a gasket issue), FRPP "Police" blue silicone coolant hoses, 180* thermostat, stock belt driven clutch fan, OEM radiator
TRANSMISSION
Stock T5, FRP King Cobra clutch, Steeda firewall adjuster, cable, & adjustable quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
REAREND
Stock 8.8, 3.55 gears (never got the gears installed, actually trying to sell them b/c don't have the time/money to have them properly installed)
ENGINE MANAGEMENT
Anderson Ford Motorsports PMS
IGNITION
Crane Hi-6, MSD Blaster TFI Coil, Autolite 24's, Jeg's 8mm spiral core Red Hot Pow'r Wires
ALTERNATOR
Pa Performance 130 amp 3G w/ power wire upgrade

Eh screw it. The more I've thought about it today, the more I realize I won't be happy with the low power without the s/c. So, I may sell some of the random components, but what I need to do is just get off my ass and get the 'stang running solid again, whatever it takes...and hope it takes self labor, not parts or paid labor for money's sake.

Eh screw it. The more I've thought about it today, the more I realize I won't be happy with the low power without the s/c. So, I may sell some of the random components, but what I need to do is just get off my ass and get the 'stang running solid again, whatever it takes...and hope it takes self labor, not parts or paid labor for money's sake.

:nice: That's my vote