Need some paint ideas

87_stang

Dec 12, 2005
Tonganoxie, KS
I was wanting to re paint the whole car silver w/ stripes but don't have the funds at this time. I do have a little surface rust under the paint in a few spots around the bottom of the car I want to go ahead and take care of before it rust's through. I was thinking of painting the bottom (under the black molding) gray or painting the black molding and the bottom gray. Any ideas? If someone could do a photoshop of thos combos it would be appreciated. Also, what about painting the wheels? I was thinking redoing them white or going black. Here is a pic of the car if someone can helpme out. Any other ideas are welcome. Thanks:SNSign:
Brandon

Attachments

• boatcar017.jpg
    boatcar017.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

not silver. When it rains, you are out driving, you will blend in with the sky/pavement. I wanted to do that bout 8yrs ago to my 91. I looked when it rained at all the ricers in their silver preludes & Celicas and yeah... changed my mind. Why not white with red stripes? That is a really good mix.

my 2cents

id just paint the bottom white again after you fix it and paint the trim along with it.

I was gonna do a Photoshop but that pic just doesnt work too well lol (small)

I think the belt-moulding-and-below-two-tone color change thing only works out well for the GTs IMO

Lx's look best at the upper body line, but the black to white contrast would look gross and grey is iffy....Silver maybe, but then your rims would look funny

iwashmycar-I can email you some bigger pics if you are willing to do a shotoshop for me. It looks too plain right now. And as far as the wheels go, they need to be repainted also so they are not a problem. I figure once I redo the bottom of the car I will decide on the wheel color.