Need some tuning advise

MYSTICSVT

Founding Member
May 16, 2001
Meridian, Idaho
So here's my situation:

I just got my Trick Flow top end kit all finished and it has some minor driveability issues now. So I'd like to get it tuned. However, there isn't anyone local here that can do it. There is a shop that has a dyno and a wideband O2, but they are more into Imports and don't have the ability to burn a custom chip. So, what should I do in this situation? Should I buy a TwEECer, or some other type of system, and do the tuning myself(I'm really good at tuning carbed stuff, and I'm proficient with a home computer). Or could I possibly have my car dynoed with the wideband and then send the info out of state to a qualified tuner to have a custom chip burned? Any other suggestions or words of wisdom?

• Sponsors (?)

So here's my situation:

I just got my Trick Flow top end kit all finished and it has some minor driveability issues now. So I'd like to get it tuned. However, there isn't anyone local here that can do it. There is a shop that has a dyno and a wideband O2, but they are more into Imports and don't have the ability to burn a custom chip. So, what should I do in this situation? Should I buy a TwEECer, or some other type of system, and do the tuning myself(I'm really good at tuning carbed stuff, and I'm proficient with a home computer). Or could I possibly have my car dynoed with the wideband and then send the info out of state to a qualified tuner to have a custom chip burned? Any other suggestions or words of wisdom?

Its really what you feel good with..
If you need a GOOD out of state 5.0 tuner .Contact my tuner in my sig.He is a great guy to deal with.

If you don't mind a learning curve for EFI and trying/testing stuff then I would get a tweecer and do it yourself. Then you never need to worry about finding a tuner again.
Just my opinion thou, cause I only like me typically working on my car. Plus that way if I screw it up it's my fault..