Fox Need Suggestions

Should I swap the motor or work on the v6?

• Total voters
Truth to what @stykthyn says. If you want to spend on new, you could start thinking bigger.

But a 5.0 with a base long block will be costly new, a bit more than 4K. More like 6k.

Get a salvage engine for $500 tops for a good one, spend a couple grand on an HCI kit and you'll have lots of fun.

New everything costs.

Salvage will include lots of the little parts you'll need, wiring harness, computer, fuel rails, etc....

Lots to consider on all new, I'm doing that with my build. It's easier to buy the little sht you'll need when you just have a few spare bucks to blow.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's my .02.

You need to address the brakes,rearend,chassis,suspension,and the fuel,cooling,transmission...before adding "big power". Big power(relative term) with all those needed modifications are going to cost significantly. @stykthyn stated above the best option is to find a 87-93 mustang and swap over everything you can. Or you can do like @Davedacarpainter stated and sell it to me instead:)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not too used to mustang engines so I really don't know what I want exactly but I just want something with a lot of power
Figure out a budget then.

Figure out what you want to do with the car as well. Do you want to drive it across the country? Or are really fast trips to the local Walmart more important? This will be a major factor in what you want.

A 350hp 5.0 will be just as fast as a new GT thanks to fox body's light weight. 600 hp will leave you with you trying to figure out how to get your head unstuck from the headrest, a grand and you'll swap your tonsils with your testicles.

Lots of power can more easily be found in a 351 based engine. Built well, you're talking above 1k hp. All's it takes is money......

Reactions: 1 user
Here's my .02.

You need to address the brakes,rearend,chassis,suspension,and the fuel,cooling,transmission...before adding "big power". Big power(relative term) with all those needed modifications are going to cost significantly. @stykthyn stated above the best option is to find a 87-93 mustang and swap over everything you can. Or you can do like @Davedacarpainter stated and sell it to me instead:)
Sure, you can address those minor safety p*ssy issues first if you want to......:dead:

Reactions: 1 users
1a52289e.jpg

Reactions: 1 user