need to know Magnum 500 Rim Size on '70 boss or Mach

berzerk1969

Dec 7, 2003
Summit, MS
i want to put magnum 500 rims on my 70 mach 1 but im not sure what size to go with. i want them 15" but im not sure on width. i will be lowing the car approx. an inch so i know this wont help clearance any. i want to put like a 60 series tire all the way around like the bosses had to give it that wide look and that mean stance. but i need to know if i should go with a 7" or 8" wide rim. i dont know which they had origionally or will either fit after the car is lowered. if there will be clearance issues i just wont lower it but werent the bosses lower? i dont know. any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks

• Sponsors (?)

berzerk1969 said:
i want to put magnum 500 rims on my 70 mach 1 but im not sure what size to go with. i want them 15" but im not sure on width. i will be lowing the car approx. an inch so i know this wont help clearance any. i want to put like a 60 series tire all the way around like the bosses had to give it that wide look and that mean stance. but i need to know if i should go with a 7" or 8" wide rim. i dont know which they had origionally or will either fit after the car is lowered. if there will be clearance issues i just wont lower it but werent the bosses lower? i dont know. any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks

On my 69 mach I have 15x8 on the back with 275x60 Firehawks, 15x7 on the front with 235x60. My suspension is lowered an inch.

I had to roll the rear fenders in order for people to ride in the back seat. If not for that, the 275s would have fit fine.