Need to know something about my cc plates?

I bought mine a while ago and was supposed to install them but never did. I bought them used and I only got the 3 bolt plate and the bottom thing to bolt them on to. I've seen the plates on many pics here but don't know how they go exactly. I know I have to take off the old ones and just bolt these up, but when it comes to bolting the strut to the plate, how is that done? Do I just screw on the nut and let it hit the aluminum tube where the strut comes in through? I've seen others that have this black piece on there and am not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

95Vert said:
I bought mine a while ago and was supposed to install them but never did. I bought them used and I only got the 3 bolt plate and the bottom thing to bolt them on to. I've seen the plates on many pics here but don't know how they go exactly. I know I have to take off the old ones and just bolt these up, but when it comes to bolting the strut to the plate, how is that done? Do I just screw on the nut and let it hit the aluminum tube where the strut comes in through? I've seen others that have this black piece on there and am not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

You can try the Hotchkis website www.hotchkis.net and go to the Mustang section. There under the CC plates is a link for the install instructions. You need Adobe Acrobat as it's a PDF file. :flag:

555-8094-3.jpg

This is what I've got.
Thanks

take out old camber plates, slide the bottom plate under the strut tower, hold it and put the top plate on with nuts to hold it, then slide the strut through the hole and give it a back yard eyeballed aligment and head to the shop to get aligned, i think those are the older steedas and the 3 bolts are easy because you dont have to drill out the fourth hole.