Need voucher for Dumping flows, please respond!

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
My dad is really worried about my dumping my flows becuase of carbon monoxide poisoning... I told him if people ever died from it that you would hear it on these boards or on the news. Hes just looking out for me but i dont think it is a big deal at all. I am going to be running bbk equals, mac 2 1/2 o/r h, and flowmaster 2 chamber dumps. Give me your opinion dont flame as i will have him read this!

• Sponsors (?)

my 95 originaly had flowmasters with no pipes or dumps and the fumes were unbarable. I have mac's with fairly long dumps on my 90 and its fine. Longer dumps seem to calm down some of the drone as well. So my suggestion is just make sure you dont run just the mufflers with no dump pipes at all and you will be fine.

One thing I would do if I were you and had dumps, don't sit in the car with the engine idling for a long time, like on a cold night in a lover's lane or something. Lots of people have died that way due to carbon monoxide poisioning, but I can't say whether or not they were in a Mustang necessarily. It would also take some pretty good holes in the floor or elsewhere for the carbon dioxide to leak into the interior.

I have dumps on my car, I love the nice loud sound they make but yea you do get some exhaust fumes when ur sitting still but they dont bother me or anything so i'm not complaining. With the stock headers, off road h-pipe, and mac 2 chambers the drone that I get is not too bad either, you really only notice it when ur on the highway....

have flows no tails, at idle with windows down you can smell the fumes but it aint bad, only complaints are the annoying vibration of everything in the car, im about to through my parking brake out the window!!

cardudeusa said:
IMO if it could kill you Mac wouldn't make the pro dump kit, which I have on my 90. I also have flows, non dumped, just strait out on my 87.
Now thats a silly thing to say. Theres planty of things on the market that can kill you. Thats like saying if smoking could kill you they wouldnt sell cigarettes. I would imagine that MAC probably markets the ProDump kit "for race use only". Carbon Monoxide WILL kill you so I think its just a matter of common sense. If you can smell the fumes then its up to you to decide if you want to take the chance.

Had 2 chamber flows, o/r H pipe and no tails or dumps on my 91. It wasn't too bad as far as fumes go. My wife could smell the fumes on me when I came home after driving the car. In my opinion the "worst" part was the noise. Not that I minded. The car was very loud and I am sure that I have suffered some sort of hearing damage cause of it. Course that could just be me getting old.

I say go for it.

It would take a lot of CM to kill you and it would take some time. I have dumped flows , no cats, and I can smell it sometimes especailly when the air is moving at just the right angle but it isn't that bad. Your going to smell it some with any car with no cats.

IndyBlk5.0 said:
see i want to dump my flowmasters about 4 inches back from mufflers, and down and to the sides... will this be fine?

hey, ive got mine dumped right before my axle....they arent turned completely toward the ground...which i why i barely smell any exhaust. they are bent at like a 40 degree angle and towards the side. hope you get what you want man