Need voucher for Dumping flows, please respond!

I have pretty much the same setup as you on my 91 GT and i can only smell the fumes with the windows down when im sitting still. its a good smell too haha, but i dont think its anything you need to worry about there isnt any exhaust comming into the car unless you have the windows open, and even then it would never be concentrated enough to kill you with the windows wide open. Go for it, the sound is just raw!!!

• Sponsors (?)

SwAmPf0x said:
Id be more afraid for your hearing...when I had mine dumped the resonance inside the car was deafening

I agree with the noise factor I will be loud. The only way I can see this getting dangerous is sitting in a traffic jam with your windows up. It is past the driver seat so it's getting dumped behind you.

I got mine dumped coming right of the muffler about 4 inchs. No tail pipes look so much better on the GT's too. :nice:

MrKwik said:
Now thats a silly thing to say. Theres planty of things on the market that can kill you. Thats like saying if smoking could kill you they wouldnt sell cigarettes. I would imagine that MAC probably markets the ProDump kit "for race use only". Carbon Monoxide WILL kill you so I think its just a matter of common sense. If you can smell the fumes then its up to you to decide if you want to take the chance.

Well I haven't seen anyone complain of death yet, so it's safe to say dumps aren't going to kill you. :spot:

It won't kill you. Like previously stated, I would be more concerned with your hearing. Redhot91GT had is Bassani mufflers dumped until he got his cobra bumper, and let me tell you EVERYTHING rattled inside the car, and there was lots of drone, but it was not unbareable. He put the tailpipes on, and there is very little vibration inside the car.

When I was in his car with the dumps, I don't recall smelling any fumes at all. If I did, very little. Maybe he will see this thread and chime in.

90mustangGT said:
It would take a lot of CM to kill you and it would take some time. I have dumped flows , no cats, and I can smell it sometimes especailly when the air is moving at just the right angle but it isn't that bad. Your going to smell it some with any car with no cats.

I'm not worried about the CM killing me, I'm worried about if the CM (or for that matter anything in the exhaust) causing cancer - I just don't believe it's healthy for anyone to be inhaling that stuff inside a closed compartment like a car. Nobody really know what causes some cancers and why take the chance? Hopefully I'm not coming off as anti-combustion engine...me likes them alot :banana: