Need your Opinion...also how to get 110-240v source in trunk?

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
Ok I want to get one of these and customise it to work in my trunk. Going to put it overtop of my sub. I think it will look pretty sweet.

What one do you like better?
View attachment 507820

or

818_Ford_First_On_Race_Day.jpg

u247.jpg

Also they are bar signs so they light up with a 110-240v source. I was thinking of just scrapping that and putting a neon or somthing behind it (yes I know its ricer). But Im not sure it will light up the same though because these have neons/leds glowing thru the side of the glass. You can see it at the top in the last pic. Is there a way to hook up 110-240v in your car?

I might just place it on there as is, just clear with no light as well, a neon might look tacky now that I think of it id probaly do that instead of a neon...if I cant find a easy way to power it.

• Sponsors (?)

I might just put it in there without the glow, cut off the power/light bar at the top. I would only turn it on for shows etc. You can get those AC/DC things from like walmart and im sure I could splice into a 12v source instead of cig lighter.

Yeah flourescent lighting will take 1/4 the power to run as your headlights. I light like that would probably draw 15-20 watts max.

Anyway, I bought a $40 inverter from BestBuy a year ago for a road trip and it works perfectly. You can run it off regular power wire you use for amps. It hooks up just like an amp ( it looks like one too ) and you can mount it anywhere. I've run all kinds of stuff off it. For the most part I just ue it when I'm datalogging for long periods of time with the laptop.

Between those two panels, I would go with the FORD one with the first on race day gone, acronyms are cheesy.