Needed: Headlight Switch Retainer for 1970 'Stang

HELP

Need a Headlight switch retainer for a 1970 Stang. I pulled out what was there and found the screw threads stripped. The previous owner used another bezel peice behind the dash to align the old switch!

I can't seem to find a retainer nut in the catalogs or NOS sites, only ones for '65-66' and '67-68', NOT '69-70' :mad:

Are there other applications/cars that use this peice? Where can I find one?

I haven't pulled dimensions, but I might be able to fabricate one with a threaded pipe and a washer or two. Has anyone done this?

• Sponsors (?)

I thought I responded to this at lunch...must not have taken. I thought I saw this in an ad, but could not remember...I found the ad, but the part num correlates to the retainer for a 65-66. THe ad didn't specify a year, I thought it was 69-70. There are still plenty of 69-70 coupes out there that use the same retainer in salvage yards. If you go, might as well get two...

Funny thought...

Could this part be made at a local machine shop? Since it is behind the dash, nobody would know it wasn't a stock part except you.

Funny you should mention that. I went to a metal guy, was going to use his thread gauge, try to figure out the thread pitch. (it's 24tpi, mind you, on a 7/16" shaft. Try finding that one... thanks, Ford!). Well, he takes the peice and says he'll crank a new one out on the lathe in no time. Probably a good thing he took the part; I would've taken it to the Canfield Swap Meet this weekend in search of another. Might have been a day wasted there.

Now I'll just have to find something to do for him....

Thanks,
Scott