Needing some quick help

OHHitsKB

Jul 5, 2010
Norman, OK
I installed my JLT CAI and Screamin Demon/livewires combo tonight with some NGK v-power spark plugs. It started up fine, but sounded a little rough, so once it warmed up I took it for a drive and now I'm hearing what sounds like a rattling and when I stop at a light or stop sign my car shakes pretty heavily!

• Sponsors (?)

That CAI requires an aftermarket tune. If you did not install one, then reinstall the stock air intake so the engine does not get damaged, and get a tuner and a tune designed for that CAI.

I have a tune and it is tuned. I managed to solve my problem for the most part. With my screamin demon coil pack I got some Livewires, two of which had the metal piece within the boot pushed too far back to make contact with the spark plugs, and because of this they popped off while driving. I'm going to have to send them back, but now my dilema is what to do about wires. I want to use the S/D, but metal piece that connects to the terminals on the coil on the replacement wires I bought at O'Reilly's are too long to fit into the S/D, and so are the stock wires. Right now, it looks like I'm going to have to reinstall my stock coil and use the replacement wires until I decide whether to get wires that will fit my Screamin Demon or just send it back with the livewires. This means I have to go out and shorten the gap on all my plugs again, which makes this more of a hassle than I feel like dealing with.