Needle Position When Low Fuel Light Comes On

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Suek, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Suek

Suek Member

Hi,
    I have a 2002 V6 and I already had the fuel pump and sender changed. I think the needle is off when the low fuel light comes on. It comes on about halfway on the red empty line. I'm thinking maybe if I catch it when it comes on I'll set the needle right on the right edge of the red empty line. Does this makes sense? I have no idea where the normal position is for it to come on. Thanks if someone can help. I want this done with. HAHAHAHA
  2. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Mine came on with about 3 gallons left in the tank. It was barely above the E line
  3. Suek

Suek Member

Yours too. So you just lived with it and calculated the miles. I'm wondering if I buy an after market gauge whether that will stop my anxiety . HAHAHAHA Trouble with my problem is it could be several things. Ground, cluster, bad calibration,etc. I'm hoping it's the cheapest. HAHAHAHA Thanks for replying.
  4. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

The one and only time i ran out of gas(while going through a car wash) it was past the E mark. So i know i have a bit of time when the low fuel light comes on. For the most part, when the tank goes under 1/2 a tank on any car I'm driving, i go fill it. I hate not having gas in case of a storm or something and I need to drive far.
  5. Suek

Suek Member

Oh my God you were in the car wash! Sorry to laugh but that would be me. Lol I'm in Connecticut so I know what you mean about storms. Lol Hopefully there won't be too much to shovel this year. I have a feeling we'll get it again. See it bugs me it's not accurate for reasons like that. But I have to stop being lazy I guess and calculate the damn miles,etc. Lol
  6. dgoggans7972

dgoggans7972 Member

i've had 6 different mustangs.. 65, 02 gt vert, 00 v6 vert, 01 v6 vert, 02 v6 ht and another 01 v6 vert.. and usually the light comes on with 2-2 & 1/2 gallons left... yours sounds normal.... just remember you've only got 50 miles or so to empty......depends on your gas mileage... i usually get 22-24 with the v6s, if you have a gt 20-22 usually...