Needs to be said: HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

Yeah, it's that day; Happy Turkey! Everybody call there loved ones; visit if you can.

Thank You, God; for all that we have in this world. Thank you for our lives and our Country; and thanks to the men and women in uniform who make it all possible.

Talked to Cowgirl Tink for a good long while this morning. She was cooking and cleaning like crazy all last night and this morning; as the Sandhills Mustang Club (Fayetteville/Raeford, NC) were having there 1st Annual Thanksgiving Dinner/Bash at Trish-AJ-Mikes house. Should be starting in the next hour or so as I type this. Mrs StDR did all the pies/cheesecake, etc last night. Now she's got Jessie working on the deviled eggs; and I'm gonna start on the Brown Sugar/Maple Syrup Glaze for the Ham and get it warming in the barbie out back.

Y'all have fun.

• Sponsors (?)

God bless us all. My family and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope that all of you and your friends and families did as well.

I had a day full of family w/ my beautiful wife and my wonderful son. We have another little one due in Feb., and he was kicking all day after my wife filled up on the good eats!

My belated Thanksgivings Blessings to All! Hope everyone had plenty to be thankful for this year!
I am thankful for...:
My girlfriend.
My family.
My friends.
My health.
Dan getting :owned: by his teenage daughter on the internet for millions to enjoy.
My girlfriend.
My sally.

GOD BLESS.:flag:

what ? you have a girlfriend? or you just talking about Rosy? :rlaugh:

seriously, glad everyone had a good turkey day.

Sky - you don't know the half of it!

"More than a feeling" worked very well (and the rythm guy only had to pull four chords and watch the overdrive amp)...... but if I was really going all out; it took 8oz of straight lemon juice to get another half-octave out of my (back then) Irish Tenor; then Leo Sayer's "When I Need Love" was FTW.

Once that worked, ease off on stretching the vocal cords and slip into a little "Take It To the Limit". (Pick up a couple more chords and two little picker's riffs)

Even my ugly, somewhat pimple-scarred face could get some action with the right tunes. :nice:

BTW.... Didn't take all that much to do "More Than Feelin" - you just had to practice so you could smoothly break into and out of falsetto. Although it did take more effort than doing the BeeGee's...... unfortunately, to my ears they Su**ed! :puke:

God, I gotta pick up a guitar again! (After 20+ years)

Sky - you don't know the half of it!

"More than a feeling" worked very well (and the rythm guy only had to pull four chords and watch the overdrive amp)...... but if I was really going all out; it took 8oz of straight lemon juice to get another half-octave out of my (back then) Irish Tenor; then Leo Sayer's "When I Need Love" was FTW.

Once that worked, ease off on stretching the vocal cords and slip into a little "Take It To the Limit". (Pick up a couple more chords and two little picker's riffs)

Even my ugly, somewhat pimple-scarred face could get some action with the right tunes. :nice:

BTW.... Didn't take all that much to do "More Than Feelin" - you just had to practice so you could smoothly break into and out of falsetto. Although it did take more effort than doing the BeeGee's...... unfortunately, to my ears they Su**ed! :puke:

God, I gotta pick up a guitar again! (After 20+ years)

i always did pretty good with "peaceful easy feeling" and "seven bridges road"

i always did pretty good with "peaceful easy feeling" and "seven bridges road"

"Peaceful Easy Feelin' " doesn't work well in the Tenor I used to sing - comes out a little too "weepy", like a ballad. :nonono: And I learned "Seven Bridges Road" in baritone, which puts ya sometimes (but only somtimes!) doing the counter-melody; so it sounds really weird and strange when you sing it by yourself :crazy:

Of course, anymore (thanks to all the dust, smoke and beer that's coated my vocal cords over the years) I can't hold most of the notes well enough to sing lead in any of the songs we've mentioned long enough to get through the song in one piece :nonono:

I can do a lot of Big Kenny's (of Big and Rich) melodies; but some of his switches to counter-melody throw me, and I find myself slipping back to doing melody a half-octave off lead key. Then I just get lost and give up. :mad: Still working on "Lost in This Moment With You" for my 25th wedding anniversary next October; and it's a biotch! (John Rich is another guy who's voice is now out of my range; so I've been pulling it down to the key of D.)

With the exception of some George Strait tunes (and Willy when I've been drinkin' - imagine that!), my range has slipped down to somewhere around David Allan Coe - and "You Never Even Called me By My Name" just doesn't seem to draw in women :rlaugh::

"Peaceful Easy Feelin' " doesn't work well in the Tenor I used to sing - comes out a little too "weepy", like a ballad. :nonono: And I learned "Seven Bridges Road" in baritone, which puts ya sometimes (but only somtimes!) doing the counter-melody; so it sounds really weird and strange when you sing it by yourself :crazy:

Of course, anymore (thanks to all the dust, smoke and beer that's coated my vocal cords over the years) I can't hold most of the notes well enough to sing lead in any of the songs we've mentioned long enough to get through the song in one piece :nonono:

I can do a lot of Big Kenny's (of Big and Rich) melodies; but some of his switches to counter-melody throw me, and I find myself slipping back to doing melody a half-octave off lead key. Then I just get lost and give up. :mad: Still working on "Lost in This Moment With You" for my 25th wedding anniversary next October; and it's a biotch! (John Rich is another guy who's voice is now out of my range; so I've been pulling it down to the key of D.)

With the exception of some George Strait tunes (and Willy when I've been drinkin' - imagine that!), my range has slipped down to somewhere around David Allan Coe - and "You Never Even Called me By My Name" just doesn't seem to draw in women :rlaugh::

you just don't know how to play it up with seven bridges road, you have to get the chick to sing along, they start having fun and loosen up a little and they their clothes start loosening up a little too. :D been a long time since i did that one though. i was never really a singer, i did backup vocals with one band i was in, as a bass player, i play drums now when i play anything at all. that band though was the one that i though was really going somewhere, we actually recorded a demo and sent out about 200 copies but we only got one response and that was the typical "not what we're looking for now" response. i guess i shoulda known though since the band consisted of only 2 members (we couldn't find a drummer we liked), me and the guy it was named after, he played lead and rythym guitars, keyboard/piano and sang and i played bass and drums and sang backup, on the demo anyway, in practice we just used a drum machine.

anyway, the chicks liked "seven bridges road" so it usually worked out pretty good for me.