Neighbors complaining-Loud exhaust

As if I dont have enough to deal with, amputated finger,and another surgury coming up to remove the rest of my index finger, workmans comp denying my claim,no income, my wifes adult onset epilepsy siezures,and now I get a visit from the police because my neighbors complaining cause my car is too loud! Its the only car I have, and practically all I have left cause I sold a lot of stuff to make ends meet including my Tama drumset, WTF ELSE? I now have to park my car in front of my house instead of in the driveway, to appease this a- hole. Never mind that the old lady across the street just got her car smashed in a hit and run a few weeks ago. Damn, I only use the car to take my wife to work and go to the doctor... Now I got to probably put some quieter mufflers on it, money I dont have. I have NEVER gotten ANY complaints from anybody in the 5 years Ive owned this car, and even had a cop pull up along side me and compliment me on the way it sounded once.And Im an accomplished muffler man, custom exhaust is (used to be) my main gig! How ironic, and petty. Thanks for the rant folks.

• Sponsors (?)

I aked them why dont they complain about all the lawnmowers firing up early in the morning, or about the guy next door to both of us with the Harley Davidson? I even started it up in front of the cop and she idled at 750 800 rpm, and he just looked over at the guy like he's a nitpicker.Some people make me sick.

I dont know how it is where your at, but where I live the police could not care less about calls like that, they just show up because the have to since they were called. I would not worry about changing anything with your car and would just point to my inspection sticker and tell the neighbor to go Fu*ck himself:nice:

I dont know how it is where your at, but where I live the police could not care less about calls like that, they just show up because the have to since they were called. I would not worry about changing anything with your car and would just point to my inspection sticker and tell the neighbor to go Fu*ck himself:nice:
Dude the way everythings been going, Im ready to tell EVERYONE to Fu*ck off. This guy wouldn't last 5 minutes in my old neighborhood. I am NOT PARKING MY CAR IN THE STREET, nor am I quieting my car, let them do a decibal, decimal test or whatever from inside that pusswads house, Im fed up and Im not taking ***** from no one anymore.

I honestly dont mess with anyone, I try to be good neighbor, and person, but once you light my fuse I can be a real di$k. I cant believe this excuse for a man didnt have the balls to even knock on my door, he calls the police, and if he wants to go to war over this he is royally screwed, trust.

+1 on drop the exhaust off the headers, pull up out in front of his house and burn the hides til you feel better. Of course, that will get you a nice ticket. :nono:

It really does piss me off that I can have a nice car with a nice sounding (but not loud) exhaust and catch all kinds of hell for it. But, a couple of doctors or lawyers on "mid-life crisis" Harleys with straight pipes don't get even a look. :shrug: :mad:

They cannot require you to park on the street. It is the law from my memory.
Not just that but when I was quoted a price for insurance, I was asked where do I park the vehicle,and my car is safer in my driveway. I also mentioned the exhaust parts are 50 state legal, fwiw. Im moving after my surgery, hopefully with a decent medical settlement first, , then after my last load Im going to go ahead and roast the ***** out them 50s, in HIS driveway no less.:eek:

Unless you have a mile long driveway, how is parking on the street going to make him not hear your exhaust?? :rolleyes:
Let your neighbor or police know that if you do park in the street and you get broken into, your neighbor should be held accountable for the damages then.

Don't imagine an off road mid pipe is going to be considered 50-state legal.

Regardless....tell him to shove it if he want's you to park on the street. If it's such a big problem for him, he can park on the street. Most rediculous thing I've ever heard. :nonono:
True that, I know that the off road pipe is not considered "legal" but even if I put cats back on the car, I dont think with this individual, it would help. My point is Ive lived in 2 houses in quiet neighborhoods down in Florida, I lived in a trailer park, apartment complexes and NO ONE has ever complained untill now. He did mention that he hears it idle up and down( idle hunting when the temps outside are cold) and I told him that is what it does, by itself for a couple of minutes, also these people are up before I am getting thier kids off to school, since Ive been out of work, I dont have to start the car till 8:45 am to take my wife to her job.:shrug:

At least you don't have longtubes. :)

I got a few mean looks from neighbors when I finished the exhaust I've got, but after a couple weeks, they've actually commented on how nice it sounds. Fortunately, there is a couple ricers that visit a house on the other end of my street and that sound is just obnoxious with all the unnecessary revving.

I come into my neighborhood and go through it pretty quietly and nobody cares at all.

Not sure about your state/county, but in mine, noise is only an issue in neighborhoods with an association/committee OR after 10 p.m. (roughly). Your neighbor can call the police all he/she wants, but the police won't do anything except to come over and mention it.

Two Harleys??? I appreciate Harleys and the nostalgia, but I ain't gonna lie.....I'm very glad nobody near me owns any loud motorcycles. It probably wouldn't be a big deal, but after 7 years in my house I've gotten spoiled being the loudest thing in the neighborhood. :)

Hell, I've got a couple newer neighbors who wouldn't wave back and would give me kind of mean look, because I guess the exhaust sounded mean or intimidating to them. I look young for my age, but when they found out I'm in my thirties and I'm a working professional AND a nice guy, they seemed to be shocked. Sure, I may "look" like a punk, but I'm just like anyone else. Being 6'5" and 250 pounds (according to my wife) doesn't initially give normal sized people warm fuzzies of friendliness.

Good luck.

As long as I can remember going back to when I was 16, every car Ive had has had duals glasspacks etc, even my 73 Caddy Fleetwood with the 500 ci. motor, and NO ONE BITCHED.My 69 Charger 383 had headers and those glasspacks that bolted to the collectors no tailpipes, THAT was loud LOL!:nice:

Know what,
I got (2) stangs, 1 w/ Mac shorties+3 chamber flows, the other has full long tube headers and the louder 2 chamber flowmasters. Even my Nissan Hardbody Truck has a F**kn exhaust. Heck, that's like a right of passage. I wish a M.F. would tell me some crap about beautiful exhaust notes, unless I 'm getting all compliments from them!!! I thought this was america !!! Home of the free and the Brave!!! If you cave in, next, they will be telling you how loud you can turn up your TV, or what channels you can or can't watch.

Tell them you will modify your mufflers at their expense only! If they don't agree, tell em' to Bite Dust!!!!