New 03 Cobra SAE Dyno Numbers

wjfawb0

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2002
Georgetown, KY
Hey all. I went down to Atlanta today to visit T&J Performance. Tim (Cobra Killer) went with me to the Team Ford Dyno Day so I could dyno my car and see what numbers it made with the new Borla Stinger catback exhaust. I got to meet some more members too. Who was the young lady I met at Team Ford? :shrug:

BTW, Cobra Killer is da man ---> :worship: Cobra Killer

Well, here it is:

SAE:
2003_12_13_Team_Ford1.jpg

STD:
2003_12_13_Team_Ford2.jpg

SAE +A/F:
2003_12_13_Team_Ford3.jpg

I had a lot of fun, and I was really surprised at the numbers the car put down. The only changes to the car since the last dyno was the catback, and Tim added 3 degrees of timing to the tune. My previous numbers were 431rwhp 456rwtq STD.

-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Next mod will actually be a Dr. Gas x-pipe. I want to see how close I can get to 500rwhp/rwtq with it. I don't plan on modifying the eaton any more. No more pulleys or porting. I'm either getting a KB or a Turbo in a year or so. I don't want to just get high numbers, cause I know the "heaton" could cause some serious problems as I try and push it harder. I'm just going to keep it spinning how it is now and make intake/exhaust mods to get out of it what I can.

-Jason

wjfawb0 said:
Next mod will actually be a Dr. Gas x-pipe. I want to see how close I can get to 500rwhp/rwtq with it. I don't plan on modifying the eaton any more. No more pulleys or porting. I'm either getting a KB or a Turbo in a year or so. I don't want to just get high numbers, cause I know the "heaton" could cause some serious problems as I try and push it harder. I'm just going to keep it spinning how it is now and make intake/exhaust mods to get out of it what I can.

-Jason

sounds sweet, :nice: cant wait to see that :D

wjfawb0 said:

-Jason

Yeah I wouldn't spin the blower any faster either if you plan to upgrade sometime later. That 2.93 is a good pulley seems like, I know lots of guys have even backed off from the 2.80 to the 2.93 and lost very little power. How much does the Dr. Gas cost anyways? The Magnaflow makes great power too.

tait_gt2002 said:
Yeah I wouldn't spin the blower any faster either if you plan to upgrade sometime later. That 2.93 is a good pulley seems like, I know lots of guys have even backed off from the 2.80 to the 2.93 and lost very little power. How much does the Dr. Gas cost anyways? The Magnaflow makes great power too.

You know, I haven't actually asked Tim for a price yet. I'll buy one that he has to weld up, so, labor and all, I am sure it will come out to be more than just a bolt on x-pipe. The gains and sound are nice. Many of his customers and other Cobra owners in the area have the Dr. Gas at it kicks arse.
I don't want to do long tubes for the fear of the turbo bug getting me in the near future years, so midpipe will most likely be the last exhaust mod.
-Jason